A new visual for the anime adaptation of Mimana Orimoto’s Bakuon!! manga series has been featured as a double page spread of May 2016 issue of NewType. This issue can be purchased here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
The cast members include:
- Unshou Ishizuka (Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop) will voice Hayakawa
- Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory from High School DxD) as Tazuko
- Shinichiro Miki (Lockon Stratos from Mobile Suit Gundam 00) as Rin’s Father
- Mitsuo Iwata (Kintarou Ooe from Golden Boy) as Onsa’s Father
- Kazusa Aranami (Grendizer from Robot Girls Z) as Sayama
- Azusa Tadokoro (Fino Bloodstone from Yuushibu) as Yume Sakura
The previously announced cast includes:
- Nao Touyama (Claudia Enfield from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) will voice Rin Suzunoki
- Yumi Uchiyama (Miou Ootori from Sabagebu!) as Onsa Amano
- Rikako Yamaguchi (Takako Fujiwara from Diamond no Ace) as Hijiri Minowa
- Raimu Kawasaki
- Hane Sakura
Here’s the most recent trailer which revealed the cast:
The staff for the anime was recently revealed and include:
- Director: Junji Nishimura (Glasslip, True Tears)
- Series Composition: Kurasumi Sunayama
- Character Design: Isao Sugimoto (Girls und Panzer, Kemeko Deluxe!)
- Studio: TMS Entertainment (D.Gray-man, Lupin III (2015))
In addition to this the first promotional video was recently revealed:
The anime adaptation of Bakuon!! was revealed on the 6th volume of the manga with a wraparound jacket.
Bakuon!! is a motorcycle, slice of life manga written and illustrated by Mimana Orimoto. The series began in early 2011 being serialized in Akita Shoten’s Young Champion Retsu magazine. To date a total of 6 compiled volumes have been produced, with a 7th volume releasing on March 18, 2016. The series itself features motorcycles from real companies. An anime adaptation has been announced and slated for 2016.
Bakuon!! synopsis from MAL:
The story revolves around high school girls who discover the appeal of motorcycles. Sakura Hane is a high school student who looks a little bit like an airhead. On the way to her all-female high school one day, she is worn-out climbing a hilly road with a bicycle, but she sees a girl named Onsa Amano who is riding a motorcycle. Sakura immediately becomes interested in motorcycles, and she and Onsa join the motorcycle club at the school. Then, Sakura sets out to get her license.