The official website of the Denki-Gai no Honya-san anime has revealed the first new visual as well as the staff members of the upcoming adaptation of Asato Mizu’s manga of the same name, which is scheduled to air this October.
The main cast of the anime was revealed, and is as follows:
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) will be voicing Hiotan
- Minami Tsuda (Megumi Yoshikawa in Wake Up Girls!) voices Sensei
- Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa Nakano from K-ON!) as Fu Girl
- Mai Aizawa (Mio Naganohara in Nichijou) voicing as Kameki
- Yuu Kobayashi (Katsuragi in Senran Kagura) will voice G Men
- Satomi Satou (Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!) voicing Tsumorin
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voicing Kantoku
- Takahiro Tomita (First major role) as Sommelier
- Ryota Ohsaka (Motoki Yaze in Strike the Blood) will voice Umio
In addition, the production crew and staff that will be working on the anime was also revealed:
- Director: Masafumi Sato (Saint October)
- Superviser: Makoto Moriwaki (Onegai My Melody Yuu & Ai, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes)
- Series Composer: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
- Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yurie Kuniyuki (Infinite Stratos 2, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Dai-Ni-Maku Animation Director)
- Sound Director: Takuya Hiramitsu (Hunter X Hunter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
- Animation Studio: Shin-Ei Animation (Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu, Doraemon)
Denki-Gai no Honya-san is a manga series from Asato Mizu. The series began in Kadokawa’s Monthly Comic Flapper magazine in July 2011. To date there are 7 volumes released, with the latest volume released on May 23rd. A drama CD released last year that featured Ryota Ohsaka , Natsumi Takamori, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Minami Tsuda and Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata in Gintama).
Here is a synopsis of the manga from Haruhichan:
Umio is a shy kid who just started his part time job at a manga store smack dab in the middle of the city. But his lifestyle isn’t as glamorous as the neon lights that illuminate the city. Umio’s closest friends are his co-workers who are all unique characters, to say the least, and although they’re nice people, they have their quirks. They are a tight knit group of friends, have nicknames for each other and spend their weekends inside, sheltered from the extravagant scene happening on the outside.
The Denki-Gai no Honya-san anime will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. More information on the anime will release soon.