The March 2016 issue of Comic Alive magazine has revealed that the previously announced original TV anime Haifuri will air from April 2016 during spring 2016. The staff behind the anime were also revealed.
The staff include:
- Director: Yuu Nobuta (Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)
- Series Composition, Script: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., Tamako Market, School Rumble)
- Original Character Design: Atto (Non Non Biyori)
- Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Naoto Nakamura (Miss Monochrome: The Animation)
- Color Design: Hitomi Ikeda (High School DxD, Sekkou Boys, Strike Witches)
- Studio: Production IMS (Date A Live II, Shinmai Maou no Testament, Joukamachi no Dandelion)
Haifuri is an upcoming Japanese anime television series produced by Production IMS. Yuu Nobuta is directing the anime and Reiko Yoshida is handling series composition, with character designs by Naoto Nakamura and original character designs by Atto. It will begin airing in April 2016.
A manga adaptation will be serialized in Media Factory’s seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive.
Haifuri synopsis from MAL:
With Japan having developed as a maritime nation, it became necessary to have specialized schools to teach skills essential to protecting the sea. The setting is one such all-girls school. The girls who enroll here study to become “blue mermaids,” through classroom instruction and teaching of practical skills.
“Blue mermaids” are women who pursue the ocean for their professional occupation. They live by the motto “In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go.” They must excel in their studies, but must also adopt an international mindset. They are the “Elite of the Sea,” and are expected to be knowledgeable of the customs and cultures of other countries as well as their own.
Source: Comic Alive official blog