The official website of the anime adaptation of Ichiei Ishibumi and Miyama-Zero’s High School DxD light novel series has revealed that the anime’s third season will be airing for a total of 12 episodes. The season itself will premiere from April 4th at 11:00pm JST on AT-X.
The anime’s website has revealed the first details about the Blu-ray and DVD releases of the anime, where it showed that the final volume will contain episodes 11 and 12. All the volumes will contain two episodes each as well as a special digipack, clear case, illustration card, a special booklet and a code for the High School DxD card game. The Blu-ray releases will cost ￥7,000 (~ $58.75 USD) and the DVD is going for ￥6,000 (~ $50.50 USD) each without tax.
The release dates of the volumes are as follows:
- Volume 1 – July 24th
- Volume 2 – August 26th
- Volume 3 – September 25th
- Volume 4 – October 28th
- Volume 5 – November 25th
- Volume 6 – December 25th
The site has also revealed a poster that will come for fans who pre-order the first volume early.
The website also revealed the Opening theme song for the upcoming anime. It was earlier revealed that Japanese female singer ChouCho will be performing the OP. The name of the song will be “BLESS YoUr NAME” and will be available in stores from April 15th. Four-member voice actress unit StylipS will sing the ending theme song titled, “Give Me Secret,” and will ship on a single on May 27.
- Ai Kakuma (Isuzu Sento from Amagi Brilliant Park) as Rossweisse
- Yuichi Nakamura (Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad) as Sairaorg
- Minami Takahashi (Midoriko from Selector Infected WIXOSS) as Kuroka
The returning cast includes:
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Issei Hyoudou
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) reprises her role as Rias Gremory
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The [email protected]) voices Asia Argento
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voicing as Akeno Himejima
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Koneko Toujou
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) will play the role of Xenovia
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voicing as Irina Shidou
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Gasper Vladi
High School DxD is a light novel series written by Ichiei Ishibumi and illustrated by Miyama-Zero. The series began serialization in 2008 in Fujimi Shobo’s Dragon Magazine, before being published in their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. To date, there has been 18 compiled volumes. Three manga adaptation of the series have been published in 2010, 2012 and 2013, all of which have been written by Ishibumi. An anime adaptation was produced in 2012. It was animated by TNK (School Days) and directed by Tetsuya Yanagisawa (Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid, Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora). Two OADs were then released, and were then followed by the second season of the anime in 2013. A Nintendo 3DS game was also released later that year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
Issei Hyodo is your average perverted high school student whose one wish in life is to have his own harem, but he’s got to be one of the unluckiest guys around. He goes on his first date with a girl only to get brutally attacked and killed when it turns out the girl is really a vicious fallen angel. To top it all off, he’s later reincarnated as a devil by his gorgeous senpai who tells him that she is also a devil and now his master! One thing’s for sure, his peaceful days are over. In a battle between devils and angels, who will win?
Source: High School DxD official website