The official website of the anime adaptation of Eiji Masuda’s Jitsu wa Watashi wa (The Truth Is I Am…) manga has revealed a new promotional video which introduces the main characters and premise of the series, and also previews the Opening theme song “Himitsu o Choudai” sung by Ars Magna.
The Jitsu wa Watashi wa anime will debut from Tuesday July 7th on TV Tokyo and TV Osaka at 1:35am JST. The anime will then air on TV Aichi on the 10th at 2:05am JST and on TV Setouchi at 2:15am JST on the same day.
The anime’s website also revealed the first set of character designs for the main cast of the anime. They include:
- Yuu Serizawa (Ann Fukuhara from Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live) will voice Youko Shiragami
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) will be voicing Asahi Kuromine
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voices Nagisa Aizawa
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) as Mikan Akemi
- Aya Uchida (Kotori Minami in Love Live! School Idol Project) is voicing Shiho Shishido
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will be voicing Akane Koumoto
- Emi Nitta (Honoka Kousaka in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Akari Koumoto
There will be a pre-screening event for the anime’s first episode on Saturday, June 20 at the Coconeri Conference Hall at Nerima Industrial Plaza. The event will see a special screening of the anime’s first episode before its official debut and will also have a talk session with the anime’s main cast. Voice actors and actresses Yuu Serizawa, Natsuki Hanae, Inori Minase, Reina Ueda, Aya Uchida and Mao Ichimichi, will be attending the event. It will open at 12:30pm JST with the event starting at 1:00pm JST and ending at 2:30pm JST. Tickets for the event will go on sale from May 11th at 10:00am JST.
The main members of the Jitsu wa Watashi wa production staff includes:
- Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, Shinryaku!? Ika Musume Season 2)
- Series Composer: Kenichi Yamashita (Ishida and Asakura, Ketsuekigata-kun!)
- Anime Character Designer: Hirotaka Marufuji (Aquarion Evol, Nobunaga The Fool)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Yowamushi Pedal)
Jitsu wa Watashi wa (The Truth Is I Am…) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Eiji Masuda. The series began in 2013 in Akita Shoten’s Weekly Shonen Champion magazine where a total of 11 volumes have been published to date, with the latest volume releasing on April 8th this year.
Meet Kuromine Asahi, “the man who can’t lie,” On the way home, he just learned an important secret. That his crush, Shiragami Youko, is actually a vampire!
Can Asahi actually keep her secret?
It’s a fun, clumsy, one of a kind vampire romantic comedy!
More information will be released in the near future.
The Jitsu wa Watashi wa anime will be airing from July 7th at 1:35am JST on TV Tokyo in the Summer 2015 Summer season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed in the near future.