The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Mamo Williams’ Military! (Miritari!) 4koma manga has revealed a brand new visual for the series. Additionally, the current issue of Ichijinsha’s 4-koma Palette magazine has revealed the cast of the anime. The anime’s character designs of the main characters and the staff of the upcoming series, airing from January 7 next year, were also revealed.
The main cast of the Military! anime have been revealed in the 4-koma Palette magazine. Additionally, the site has released character designs for the main characters of series. The anime’s main cast and characters are:
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) will voice Lieutenant Rutgalnikov
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Second Lieutenant Haruka
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voices Sergeant Shachirof
- Misaki Suzuki (Chako Ishibashi from Shiba Inuko-san) will be voicing Captain Aria Grummans
The remainder of the main cast, without any character designs, include:
- Yoshitaka Yamaya (Yuuki Hase from Isshuukan Friends.) will voice Souhei Yano
- Ayano Terasaki (Kiyoko from Strange+) as Yukari Mizuno
The anime’s staff were also revealed on the website. They involve:
- Director and Screenplay Writer: Hiroshi Kimura (Recorder to Randoseru Do♪, Re:_Hamatora)
- Anime Character Design: Yoshihiro Nagamori (Beyblade: Metal Fury, Bakugan Battle Brawlers)
- Sound Director: Masakatsu Oomuro (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Sparrow’s Hotel)
- Music Composer: Fuga Hatori (Ai Mai Mi, Oneechan ga Kita)
- Animation Studio: Dream Creation (Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki, Strange+), Creators in Pack (Rail Wars! Assistant)
Military! (Miritari!) is a 4koma manga written and illustrated by Mamo Williams. The series first debuted in Ichijinsha’s Manga Palette Lite magazine in 2011 and ended its original run in May last year. To date a total of 5 compiled volumes have been released. A sequel series titled Military! Otsugata (Miritari! Otsugata) began serialization in Manga Palette Lite’s April issue this year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story takes place during a conflict between the Krakozhia Dukedom and the Grania Republic. In the midst of the fighting, a savior appears to the Krakozhia Dukedom, and it is a high school student named Yano Souhei. Two female soldiers, First Lieutenant Ruto and Second Lieutenant Haruka, appear in tanks to intrude on Souhei’s everyday life, followed by the enemy soldier Shachirofu, all of whom use firearms without hesitation at his house.
The Military! anime adaptation will be airing from January 7 next year on AT-X, throughout the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed soon.