During AnimeJapan, it has been revealed on the Ultra Super Pictures Special Stage that a second season of the Miss Monochrome TV anime has been green lit. The anime itself will be airing from July 3rd at 11:00pm JST on Tokyo MX under the event’s Summer anime block. It has also revealed that the first season’s main cast and staff will be returning to produce the second season.
The event has revealed that the main cast from the first season will be returning from the first season to reprise their role in the second. They include:
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) will return to voice Miss Monochrome
- Keiji Fujiwara (Tatsuya Kimura from Hajime no Ippo) as Maneo
- Kikuko Inoue (Sanae Furukawa in Clannad) is voicing Kikuko
- Akemi Kanda (Asuna Kagurazaka from Mahou Sensei Negima!) will voice Mana
The main staff of the first anime will also return from the first series:
- Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!, Zero no Tsukaima)
- Series Composer: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuki Morimoto (Cardfight!! Vanguard: Neon Messiah)
- Assistant Anime Character Designer: Naoto Nakamura (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Animation Director)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Terraformars, Senyuu), Sanzigen Animation Studio (Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Black Rock Shooter)
Miss Monochrome is an original character that was created by Japanese voice actress Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) , which first appeared at her 2012 concert Yui Horie o Meguru Boken III ~Secret Mission Tour~. Since its creation, an anime adaptation based on the character was produced in late 2013 by Liden Films (Terraformars, Senyuu) and Sanzigen Animation Studio (Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Black Rock Shooter), which was directed by Yoshiaki Iwasaki (Hayate no Gotoku!, Zero no Tsukaima). A manga adaptation of the anime was also produced that began publication last year.
Here is the synopsis of the series:
The original story follows Miss Monochrome, an android girl that decides she “wants more than ever before!” In order to achieve that desire, she puts her plan into motion to become the hottest idol. Usually the type to run around in circles, Miss Monochrome scrambles to make it in the idol industry.
The second season of Miss Monochrome: The Animation will be airing from July 3rd on Tokyo MX at 11:00pm JST during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://www.starchild.co.jp/artist/miss_monochrome/
And follow its Twitter: @monochro_staff