The official website for ufotable’s upcoming anime adaptation of Type-Moon’s Fate/stay night (2014) has revealed a brand new visual for the series. It is the 4th visual of the anime, which will air on October 4.
The TV anime adaptation will follow the Unlimited Blade Works route of Type Moon’s visual novel. The anime will be a split cour series, the first 13 episodes will air on October 4 and the final 13 will air in April next year. This will be the second adaptation of the route; the first was an anime film in 2010 by studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin).
The main cast of the anime will be returning from previous anime adaptations of the franchise. They include:
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto) will return as the voice of Shirou Emiya
- Kana Ueda (Hayate Yagami in Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A’s) will be voicing lead heroine Rin Tohsaka
- Ayako Kawasumi (Kazumi Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana) is voicing Saber
- Junichi Suwabe (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez from Bleach) as Archer
- Noriko Shitaya (Haruko Amaya in Maken-Ki!) will voice Sakura Matou
- Joujii Nakata (Alucard from Hellsing) voices Kirei Kotomine
- Nobutoshi Canna (Masato Inohara from Little Busters!) as Lancer
The anime’s Opening theme will be ideal white by Mashiro Ayano and the Ending theme will be believe performed by Kalafina. The anime’s production crew has also been announced:
- Director: Takahiro Miura (Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon)
- Character Designers: Tomonori Sudou (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai series), Hisayuki Tabata (Yuyushiki), Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/Zero, Hataraku Maou-sama!)
- Color Key Artists: Emi Chiba (Fate/Zero), Mika Matsuoka (Fate/Zero)
- Art Director: Koji Eto (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass)
- Director of Photography: Yuichi Terao (Fate/Zero)
- 3D Director: Kojiro Shishido (Fate/Zero)
- Music Composer: Hideyuki Fukasawa (Vividred Operation)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin)
Here is the latest commercial of the upcoming Fate/stay night (2014) anime:
Fate/stay night is a visual novel released by Type-Moon for the PC in 2004, and is the first in their Fate series. The visual novel was very successful and claimed the title of highest selling visual novel in that year. 2006 saw two adaptations of the game, a manga by Datto Nishiwaki and an anime series by Studio Deen. Additionally in that year, a light novel series titled Fate/Zero was written by Gen Urobuchi. It is a prequel to the visual novels, set 10 years prior. An anime and manga adaptation of Fate/Zero were created, with the manga written by Urobuchi himself in 2011 and the anime being animated by ufotable. A second season of Fate/Zero was also produced.
Fate/stay night synopsis from Haruhichan:
Raised by a mysterious sorcerer after the horrific death of his parents, Shiro Emiya has only just begun to help others using the small tidbits of magic that he’s learned. However, when he’s suddenly caught in a battle between two more powerful Magus, Shiro finds himself performing a spell above his expected ability, summoning the beautiful spirit warrior Saber to protect him! But safety is only momentary as Shiro and Saber now find themselves thrust into in a secret world of dark magic and deadly challenges: a no-holds barred duel to the death known as the Holy Grail War! At stake: a prize of unimaginable power. But can the inexperienced Shiro and Saber survive long enough to even enter the contest? First they’ll have to withstand waves of treachery and assassination, even as Shiro scrambles to learn everything he’ll need to know to stay alive as seven teams of Magus and Spirit Servants face off in mortal combat!
Here are the previous visuals of the anime:
The Fate/stay night anime series will air on October 4, this Fall/Autumn, for one season and then will air next April, during the Spring 2015 season. The anime will follow the Unlimited Blade Works route. A Heaven’s Feel movie has been announced, but a lot of information has not been released so far.
Are you pumped for the anime? Will be one of the anime of the year? Let us know in the comments below.
Source – Fate/stay night Website