The upcoming TV anime adaptation of Shoutarou Tokunou’s New Game! manga series has been featured as a poster in the July 2016 issue of NyanType. This issue can be purchased here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK) and you can view the other posters that come bundled in this issue here.
In addition, the main cast, character designs and promotional video were also revealed, among a few other announcements.
The main cast members of the anime are as follows:
- Yuuki Takada (Rin Kurosawa in Aikatsu!) will voice Aoba Suzukaze
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) is going to voice Kou Yagami
- Ai Kayano (Utaha Kasumigaoka from Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) as Rin Touyama
- Megumi Yamaguchi (First Major Role) is voicing Hifumi Takimoto
- Megumi Toda (Yuzu Iizuka in Sakura Trick) voices Hajime Shinoda
- Ayumi Takeo (Debut Role) will be voicing Yun Iijima
- Madoka Asahina (First Major Role) voicing as Nene Sakura
- Chitose Morinaga (Karen Jinryou from Syomin Sample) as Umiko Ahagon
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) will voice Shizuku Hazuki
In addition to this, a brand new promotional video was revealed, which previews the voices of the main cast:
The Opening and Ending theme songs will be performed by the newly formed idol group fourfolium, consisting of the anime’s main cast singing in character. The OP will be “Sakura Skip” and the ED will be “Now Loading!!!!”
The anime’s website has also released a special newspaper spread:
The main staff for the anime includes:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Fujiwara (GJ-bu, Plastic Memories)
- Series Composer: Fumihiko Shimo (Non Non Biyori, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Anime Character Designer: Ai Kikuchi (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin)
- Animation Studio: Dogakobo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, GJ-bu)
There will be a pre-screening event on June 11th for the 1st episode of the anime. The event will also include talks from the cast and a live performance of the Opening theme song. There will be two sessions for the event, a midday session from 1:00pm JST till 2:30pm JST and an evening session from 4:00pm JST till 5:30pm JST. It will be held at TOHO Cinemas Nihonbashi with regular tickets availablefor ¥3,500 ($31.90 USD) and premium tickets for ¥4,500 ($41.00 USD).
Here is the anime’s previous visual:
New Game! is a 4koma manga written and illustrated by Shoutarou Tokunou. The series began in 2013 in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Carat magazine, where a total of 3 volumes have been published. The series itself features cute girls working in a video game company, in a similar fashion to Shirobako‘s depiction of working at an anime company. The adaptation was announced in the November issue of Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Carat magazine.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Follow Aoba Suzukaze, a fresh highschool graduate that is easily mistaken as a middle school student, as she joins the game company that produced her favorite game as a 3D artist and her cute antics in this story told through 4-koma.
The New Game! anime adaptation will be airing this July, during the Summer 2016 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.