The official Twitter account for Manga Time Kirara, a manga magazine, has shared a new “stomach growling” visual for the cute slice of life cooking series Koufuku Graffiti. The visual features Morino Kirin, the cousin of the main character, clinging on to a delicious looking ham!
— まんがタイムきらら編集部 (@mangatimekirara) November 8, 2014
The story of this comedy four-panel manga follows a girl named Ryou who lives by herself. She enjoys cooking and makes friendships through her food. The manga is filled with detailed cuisine art meant to arouse one’s appetite and slightly suggestive meal scenes. The manga is written by Kawai Makoto and has been running since March 2012 in Manga Time Kirara. Manga Time Kirara has also serialized Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? and Kiniro Mosaic.
The cast includes:
- Satou Rina (Tanamachi Kaoru from Amagami SS) as Machiko Ryou
- Oogame Asuka (Touwa Erio from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) as Morino Kirin
- Komatsu Mikako (Shiodome Miuna from Nagi no Asukara) as Shiina
The production cast includes:
- Shinbo Akiyuki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as Director
- Okada Mari (AKB0048) as Series Composition Writer
- Shiotsuki Kazuya (Bakemonogatari) as Character Designer
- Shaft (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as Production Studio
And here is the first promotional video for the anime:
Koufuku Graffiti (Happy Cooking Graffiti) is a manga series by Makoto Kawai. It began in March 2012 in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Miracle! magazine and to date has a total of 3 compiled volumes. The Koufuku Graffiti anime will be airing from January 2015 during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. Additional information about the series will be released in the weeks leading up to the anime’s premiere.
Koufuku Graffiti synopsis from Haruhichan:
A TV anime adaptation of the gourmet manga of the same name by Kawai Makoto.