The third promotional video has been released for the upcoming second season of the anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei’s Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia) manga, Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki (Knights of Sidonia: War of the Ninth Planet). The new video gives us a full look at some of the scenes and engagements throughout the new season.
The site has also revealed 4 new preview screenshots for the second season:
The cast of Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki was revealed and includes many returning characters, including:
- Ryota Osaka (Haruto Tokishima in Kakumeiki Valvrave) as series lead Nagate Tanikaze
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) returning to voice Tsumugi Shiraui
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) voices Izana Shinatose
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) as Norio Kunato
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will voice Mozuku Kunato
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) will return to play Yuhata Midorikawa
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) as the Honoka sisters
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) returning as Kobayashi
The staff were also revealed, with some changes to the original crew, including Hiroyuki Seshita replacing Koubun Shizuno (Detective Conan Co-Director) as director. The new staff includes:
- Director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia Co-Director)
- Deputy Directors: Hiroaki Ando (Gambo, Digital Juice ), Kichihei Naohiro (Transformers Prime)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Sadayuki Murai (Knights of Sidonia, Steamboy)
- CG Supervisors: Uehon Masayuki (Debut Anime Role), Sugai Susumu (Debut Anime Role)
- Anime Character Designer: Moriyama Yuki (Knights of Sidonia, Angel Beats! Animation Finisher)
- Battle Animatiques: Eiji Ogushi (Knights of Sidonia, Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life CGI Assistant)
- Storyboard: Hiroyuki Morita (Knights of Sidonia, Neko no Ongaeshi)
- Sound Director: Iwanami Yoshikazu (Knights of Sidonia, Kill la Kill)
- Music Composer: Noriyuki Asakura (Knights of Sidonia, Rurouni Kenshin)
- Animation Production: Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia, Transformers Prime)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Kishi Koushinkyoku by angela and the Ending theme will be Requiem performed by CustomiZ.
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Promotional Video:
Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia) is a manga series written and illustrated by Tsutomu Nihei. The series debuted in April 2009 in Kodansha’s Afternoon magazine and to date there has been a total of 13 compiled volumes released. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in April this year for a total of 12 episodes. The anime is produced by Polygon Pictures, in their first full TV anime production, and is directed by Koubun Shizuno (Detective Conan, Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride). A recap compilation film of the first season was recently announced. It will also include new scenes and updated remastered audio for its theatrical release.
It’s been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous “seed ships” like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity!
The second season of the Sidonia no Kishi anime, Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki, will be airing from April 10th this Spring 2015 anime season. Additional information will be revealed very soon.