A new visual of the upcoming anime adaptation of Sei Hatsuno’s HaruChika novel series has been featured as a double page spread in the December 2015 issue of Japanese magazine NewType. This issue can be purchased here.
The anime adaptation of HaruChika will be titled HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru and will begin its broadcast in January 2016, during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
The first members of anime’s main cast have been revealed. They include:
- Soma Saito (Adlet Mayer from Rokka no Yuusha) voicing Haruta Kamijou
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Asuka Kudou in Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) voices Chika Homura
The site has revealed additional members of the production staff, which now in total consists of:
- Director: Masakazu Hashimoto (Soul Eater Not!, Tari Tari)
- Series Composer: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., Hanayamata, K-ON!)
- Anime Character Designer: Asako Nishida (Love Live! School Idol Project, Vampire Knight)
- Chief Animation Director: Yurie Oohigashi (Another, Uchouten Kazoku)
- Sound Director: Satoki Lida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer: Shiroh Hamaguchi (Shirobako, Girls und Panzer)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Charlotte, Shirobako, Angel Beats!)
HaruChika is a mystery novel series written by Sei Hatsuno that began in 2008 published by Kadokawa. To date the series has a total of 4 volumes released with the 5th volume scheduled to release in the upcoming months.
Here is the series’ synopsis from Haruhichan:
The novels revolve around the title characters Haruta Kamijou and Chika Homura, who are members of their school’s concert band. Together, the two solve day-to-day mysteries by building on their childhood friendship.
The anime adaptation of HaruChika, HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru, will air in January next year during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming months.