The official website of the anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga has revealed the first details about the Blu-ray releases of the anime. There will be a total of 6 volumes, containing 2 episodes each for total of 12 episodes.
There will be a total of 12 episodes for the One Punch-Man TV anime series. A total of 6 Blu-ray and DVD volumes of the anime will be released with 2 episodes each. The first volume of the anime will also contain an OVA, and the 10th volume of the manga will be bundled with a separate OVA.
The OVA with the first volume is titled Shinobiyori Sugiru Kage (A Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close) and is a 10 minute special of original story, written by ONE himself. The volume will release on December 24 and will contain additional goodies aside from the OVA:
- Episodes 1 and 2
- The first promotional video
- A recording of the anime’s first episode pre-screening event
- The first two episodes of the spin-off anime One-Punch Man Hamidashi Gekijou (One-Punch Man Forced Out Theater)
- Priority ticket applications to an upcoming event for the anime
- A Character Song CD
- A 12 page booklet
- Cast commentary for the first episode
Two commercials were also released for the Blu-ray and DVD release:
In related news, the series has been featured as a poster in the October 2015 issue of Otomedia magazine. The new visual features Genos and Saitama, illustrated by key animator Hiromi Taniguchi.
In addition to this, a 30 and 15-second versions of the commercial for upcoming anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga featuring JAM Project’s theme “The Hero!! Set Fire to the Furious Fist.”
The third promotional video was recently revealed and announced that the ending theme song will be perfomed by Hiroko Moriguchi and titled “Hoshi yori Saki ni Mitsukete Ageru.”
The series will premiere on October 04, 2015, on TV Tokyo and Nico Nico. Subsequent airings will follow on:
- TV Osaka and TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting on October 05, 2015.
- KBS and BS Japan on October 06, 2015.
In addition to this, the official website recently revealed a new visual:
Yuusuke Murata has also been busy posting new sketches on Twitter:
In addition to this, the second promotional video was recently streamed:
The main cast for the anime is as follows:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) as Silver Fang
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is voicing King
- Masaya Onosaka (Takeshi Momoshiro in Prince of Tennis) joins the cast to voice Puri Puri Prisoner
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) as Metal Bat
The main crew members of the anime’s staff were also unveiled and will consist of:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space☆Dandy)
- Studio: Madhouse (Hunter x Hunter, Parasyte)
- Script: Tomohiro Suzuki
- Character design: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!