The official website for the original TV anime project Plastic Memories launched the first promotional video earlier this week.
Text: Tearing apart memories. That’s our job.
Text: A love story born from digital memories.
Red text: She is frightened. She hopes that these memories of love are fake.
Blue text: He wishes. He hopes that these memories of love are real.
In addition to this, the staff was announced:
- Original Creator: Naotaka Hayashi
- Original Character Designer: okiura (IS: Infinite Stratos)
- Director: Yoshiyuki Fujiwara (GJ-bu, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)
- Character Designer: Chiaki Nakajima (Love Lab, Yuru Yuri)
Some character designs were also revealed:
- Tsukasa Mizugaki, a new employee at SA Corp.’s terminal service who joined after graduating high school. However, he does not know much about his job.
- Isla, a Giftia who doesn’t show much emotion. She starts working in a team with Tsukasa, and supports him, since he does not know much. It is said that Giftias only have approximately nine years to function.
- Michiru Kinushima, Tsukasa’s senior at work. Although they have no age difference, she teaches Tsukasa as his work superior.
- Zack, a Giftia paired with Michiru. His appearance is that of a high-class young boy, but he has the power to complete all work smoothly.
and finally the Key Visual was launched on the website:
Plastic Memories synopsis from Haruhichan:
This story takes place in a future not too far away when androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen.
However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, they… Well, it gets pretty bad. For this sake, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids, but…