One of the “wild card” anime from this season is Rokka no Yuusha – a wild card in the sense that not a lot know what to expect of it. If the OP and ED animations are any indication however, the show looks like it would be great!
The opening animation features beautiful visuals showing off the diverse cast of characters as they traverse a unique setting. Am I the only one getting Log Horizon flashbacks? Not that it’s a bad thing! The OP track is “Cry for the Truth” by Mich, an upbeat Jrock track that blends well with the fluid visuals and vibrant colors. Check it out below!
An equally beautiful, serene ending animation with a fairly unique ED: “Secret Sky” by Mich, caps off the ending nicely. While the animations look nice in their own right, the melodic track is what really makes this one amazing. Check out what I mean by clicking below!
The Rokka no Yuusha anime adaptation began airing this Summer from Sunday, July 5th at 4:58am JST on MBS. The anime will also air on AT-X on the 5th at 5:00pm JST, on Tokyo MX on the 8th at 11:30pm JST, and from BS11 on the 11th at 11:00pm JST. The series will also be streamed online on Niconico, GYAO! and on Bandai Channel.
Here’s the most recent visual for the anime:
The main cast of Rokka no Yuusha is:
- Soma Saito (Twelve from Zankyou no Terror) will lead the cast as Adlet Mayer
- Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory in High School DXD) voices Nachetania Loei Piena Augustra
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices Flamie Speeddraw
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) as Hans Humpty
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) will be voicing as Maura Chester
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) voicing as Chamot Rosso
- Kouki Uchiyama (Raku Ichijou in Nisekoi) voices Goldov Auora
The series itself will follow the story of the original LNs and will follow the character and art designs of the manga adaptation. The main members of the anime’s production staff were earlier revealed and include:
- Original Creator: Yamagata Ishio (Tatakau Shisho Series)
- Original Illustration: Terui (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru)
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (Ookami to Koushinryou)
- Assistant Director: Sanpei Sei
- Configuration and Screenplay: Tatsuhiko Urahata (Nana)
- Character Design and Chief Animation Director: Koiso Sayaka
- Prop Design: Iwanaga Etsumube
- Monster Design: Tatsuya Fukushima
- Color setting: Hitomi Sano
- Music: Michiru Oshima
- Production: Passione
The action-fantasy seinen light novel series was published on August 25, 2011 and is still ongoing. It was written by Ishio Yamagata and drawn by Terui (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru). It has received a manga adaptation on February 25, 2012 and it was illustrated by Kei Toru (Akame ga Kill! Zero). It was serialized on Shueisha’s Super Dash & Go! magazine. On Friday, November 21, Shueisha’s Dash X Bunko will print the fifth compiled light novel volume and the third compiled manga volume.
When the “Majin” awakes, the goddess of fate will choose six warriors and bestow them with the power to save the world. Somewhere on their bodies, a crest in the shape of a flower will appear and as a result the warriors are “The Heroes of the Six Flowers.” As the day of the Majin’s revival nears, Adlet, a boy who calls himself the strongest man in the world, is chosen as one of the “Six Flowers.” But when the heroes arrived at their designated location, they found that there were seven heroes present. Which meant that one of them was an imposter and an enemy. Confused by the impossible situation, suspicion and paranoia spread among the chosen. And within a thick forest, the heroes’ fierce battle begins!