The third promotional video for the upcoming anime adaptation of Naoshi Arakawa’s manga Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso has been released. The new video introduces the main cast and characters of the series and showcases the visuals of the series, as well as some of the music. The anime itself will air from October 10th at 2:20am JST.
In addition the anime’s official website has released a new visual:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso PV 2:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso PV 1:
The cast includes:
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) as Kousei Arima, the fallen prodigy.
- Risa Taneda (Yukari Hinata from Yuyushiki, Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) as Kaori Miyazono, the wild violinist.
- Ayane Sakura (Anzu Kiriyama from Kokoro Connect, Gasper Vladi from Highschool DxD) as Tsubaki Sawabe, the caring childhood friend.
- Ryota Ousaka (Mao Sadao from Hataraku Maou-sama!, Marco Bodt from Attack on Titan) as Ryota Watari, the playboy athlete.
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titan, Alibaba Saluja from Magi) as Takeshi Aiza, the hairdo rival.
- Saori Hayama (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu, Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) as Emi Igawa, the cool and composed pianist.
Kyouhei Ishiguro (Fairy Tail, Psycho-Pass) is directing the anime at A-1 pictures (Sword Art Online, Oreimo, The [email protected]). Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, WataMote) is writing the scripts. Yukiko Aikei (Accel World, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere) is the character designer and chief animation director. Masaru Yokoyama (Queen’s Blade, Freezing Vibration) is composing the soundtrack. Jin Aketagawa (High School DxD, AnoHana) is sound director and due this October, airing under the fall 2014 anime season.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso synopsis from Haruhichan:
Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.