The official website for the TV anime adaptation of Hirotaka Akagi’s Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai (Shimoseka) light novel series unveiled a new visual for the anime on Wednesday, as well as announcing that the anime will premiere on July 4.
Here’s the new visual:
The show will premiere on Tokyo MX1 on July 4 at 1:30 a.m., and will air on the same time slot every Saturday. Other channels airing the anime include:
- Chiba TV, July 5, 1:00 a.m.
- TV Kanagawa, July 5, 1:00 a.m.
- TV Saitama, July 5, 1:00 a.m.
- KBS Kyoto, July 5, 12:45 a.m.
- Sun TV, July 5, 1:00 a.m.
- TV Aichi, July 5, 2:05 a.m.
- BS11, July 6, 12:30 a.m.
- AT-X, July 4, 11:00 p.m.
The official website previously streamed the promotional video for the anime last March:
In addition to this, new cast members were revealed earlier:
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) as Raiki Gouriki
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) as Kosuri Onigashira
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Oboro Tsukimigusa
- Yui Ogura (Kokona Aoba from Yama no Susume) as Binkan-chan
The previously announced cast members include:
- Shizuka Ishigami (Akira Shiodome from Nagi no Asukara) as Ayame Kajou
- Yusuke Kobayashi (SuWon from Yona of the Dawn) as Tanukichi Okuma
- Miyu Matsuki (Magical Sapphire from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya) as Anna Ninomiya
- Saori Goto (Kukuru Anrakutei from Joshiraku) as Hyouka Fuwa
- Satomi Arai (Ranko Hata in Seitokai Yakuindomo) as Otome Saotome
The staff is as follows:
- Animation Production: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Bakuman.)
- Director: Youhei Suzuki (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)
- Scripts: Masahiro Yokotani (Free!, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Steins;Gate – 5eps)
- Character Designs: Masahiro Fujii (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Hayate the Combat Butler!!, The Familiar of Zero)
- Original Character Designs: Eight Shimotsuki
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai (Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist), abbreviated as Shimoseka, is a Japanese light novel series, written by Hirotaka Akagi and illustrated by Eito Shimotsuki. Shogakukan has published eight volumes since July 2012 under their Gagaga Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation titledShimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Manmaru-hen with art by N’ Yuzuki began serialization in Mag Garden’s shonen manga magazine Monthly Comic Blade from May 2014. An anime television series adaptation by J.C.Staff is scheduled to air from July 2015.
16 years after the “Law for Public Order and Morals in Healthy Child-Raising” banned coarse language in the country, Tanukichi Okuma enrolls in the country’s leading elite public morals school and is soon invited into the Anti-Societal Organization (SOX) by its founder, Ayame Kajou. As a member blackmailed into joining by Ayame, Tanukichi ends up taking part in obscene acts of terrorism against the talented student council president Anna (for whom Tanukichi has a crush on).