The first details for the upcoming second season of the Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Rage of Bahamut: Genesis) has been revealed during the current Anime Japan event, where the upcoming season will be titled Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul (Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul). The event has also revealed the first visual, promotional video and main staff.
The first promotional video was also streamed:
The first members of the second season’s production staff were also revealed, which mostly consists of returning staff:
- Director: Keiichi Satou (Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary, Tiger & Bunny)
- Series Composer: Ooishi Shizuka (Second Love, Mitsu no Aji – A Taste Of Honey)
- Anime Character Designer: Naoyuki Onda (Gantz, Psycho-Pass)
- Art Director: studio COCOLO (Sengoku Collection, Yuri Kuma Arashi)
- Music Composer: Yoshihiro Ike (Tiger & Bunny, Ergo Proxy)
- Animation Studio: Mappa (Zankyou no Terror, Hajime no Ippo Rising)
The Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis anime began its broadcast on October 6th 2014 and ran for a total of 12 episodes, ending in late December. The main cast of the first anime includes:
- Hiroyuki Yoshino (Firo Prochainezo from Baccano!) as Favaro
- Risa Shimizu (Misaki Touhouin in Nagasarete Airantou) will voice Amira
- Go Inoue (Spain from Hetalia Axis Powers) is voicing Kaisar
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) voices Rita
Shingeki no Bahamut (Rage of Bahamut) is a free to play mobile Collectable Card Game developed by Cygames. The game originally released on Android in January 2012, before making its way to iOS in April the same year. Since its release the game has become one of the most popular apps of the year with over 8 million players. The game involves players roaming the lands and fighting enemies using cards, from either Man, Demon or Gods cards. The game also holds numerous events with the major event titled Holy Wars. An anime adaptation of the game was produced for the 2014 Fall/Autumn anime season. Studio Mappa (Zankyou no Terror, Hajime no Ippo Rising) produced the series with Keiichi Satou (Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary, Tiger & Bunny) directing.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Mistarcia is a magical world where humans, gods, and demons mingle together. In the past, the black-and-silver winged Bahamut has threatened to destroy the land, but humans, gods, and demons overcame their differences to fight together and seal its power. The key to that seal was split in two, one half given to the gods and the other to demons, so that they would never be united and Bahamut never released. Now, two thousand years later, the world is in an era of peace—until the day a woman steals the gods’ half of the key.
The second season of Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, is currently in production. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.