On the 14th compiled book volume of Yu Sasuga and Kenichi Tachibana’s Terra Formars manga a wraparound jacket band revealed that the anime will receive a sequel. Also according to the band, the manga series has had a total of 13 million copies in print.
The film cast includes:
- Hideaki Ito (Princess Blade, Onmyoji, Umizaru, Sukiyaki Western Django, Lesson of the Evil) will play the lead role of Shokichi Komachi
- Emi Takei (live-action Rurouni Kenshin’s Kaoru, Kyo, Koi o Hajimemasu’s Tsubaki, Ai to Makoto’s Ai, Clover’s Saya) stars as the heroine Nanao Akita
- Takayuki Yamada (Densha Otoko, Bakuman., H2: Kimi to Ita Hibi) as Ichiro Hiruma
- Shun Oguri (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa, Detective Conan) as Ko Honda
- Kane Kosugi (Street Fighter Alpha, Choy Lee Fut, Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear) as God Lee
- Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim, Babel, The Sky Crawlers) as Asuka Moriki, based on Victoria Wood
- Masaya Kato (Crying Freeman, 1998 Godzilla, Unfair) as Keisuke Dōjima, based on Donatello K. Davis
- Eiko Koike (20th Century Boys, Seppun, Nasu: Summer in Andalusia) as Mina Obari, based on Zhang Ming-Ming
- Mariko Shinoda (former AKB48 idol, Ouran High School Host Club) as Sorae Osako, based on Jaina Eisenstein
- Kenichi Takito (Ryomaden, Climber’s High) as Shunji Tezuka, based on Tejas Viji
- Rina Ota (The Next Generation -Patlabor-, Princess Jellyfish) as Maria Renjo, based on Maria Viren
- Rila Fukushima (The Wolverine, Arrow, Game of Thrones) as the new, original character Sakakibara
Here’s a trailer that looks back at the Terra Formars anime series which aired in 2014:
Terra Formars is a Japanese manga series written by Yu Sasuga and illustrated by Kenichi Tachibana. It is serialized in Shueisha’s magazine Weekly Young Jump since 2011. Viz Media began publishing an English translation in 2014. Two original video animations (OVAs), abridging the Bugs 2 arc were released in 2014, and an animated television series, covering the Annex 1 arc was also shown in 2014; Also, a spin-off manga titled Terra For Police started on May 10, 2014 in Jump Kai. A live action film adaptation will be directed by Takashi Miike.
With the space program attempting to travel to Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost-effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and the insect corpses would serve as a food source for the mold.
It is now the year 2577 and the first manned ship to Mars has landed on the planet and the six crew members are ready for their mission. But what they find are giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength. The crew members are easily wiped out, but not before sending a transmission back to Earth. Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars.
Source: Comic Natalie