Hakusensha’s official YouTube channel began streaming a new promotional video for the upcoming second OVA of Uran’s seventh Mujaki no Rakuen (Paradise of Innocence) manga last month. The second OVA is scheduled for release on August 28, 2015.
As previously unveiled, Takashi Nishikawa (Strange+, Sin Strange Plus) is directing the anime, and Softgarage is collaborating on the production. (Hideki Araki directed the first anime OVA last year.) Ryuichi Baba (Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) is designing the characters and serving as animation director.
The returning cast includes:
- Yasuaki Takumi (Yuuki Akamatsu from Jinsei) as Shouta Handa
- Mayuka Nomura (Suu from Monster Musume) as Konomi Harukaze
- Sachie Hirai (Ryouma Ichijou from Love Stage!!) as Manatsu Kamiya
- Nana Inoue (Ryota Aizawa from Soul Link) as Nako Sasaki
- Ayano Niina (Kurenai Mishina from Ryuusei Sentai Musumet) as Rio Kaneko
- Kanami Satou (Aya Chousokabe from Double-J) as Sayo Ikenohata
In the popular “nostalgic & innocent story,” Shouta Handa is sent back in time to his elementary school days via a mysterious school pool. He spots Konomi Harukaze, a girl who would eventually become a nationally popular actress, and other cute girls when they were innocent and defenseless.
The eighth manga volume will bundle the new OAD in a limited edition on August 28. The manga was previously adapted into an earlier original anime DVD. The DVD was bundled with the manga’s sixth limited-edition volume. Uran launched the manga in Hakusensha ‘s Young Animal Arashi magazine in 2011.
Mujaki no Rakuen synopsis from Haruhichan:
Shouta, a 25-year-old NEET, is mocked by his former female classmates who’ve all become successes, at their class reunion. A mysterious incident at the school pool throws him back in time and lets him deal with those same classmates back when they were fifth grade girls.