Charapedia asked 10,000 anime fans the question: Which mature male anime characters do you think are the coolest? And from thousands of fans, most of the responses are from the male fans (57.8%), female fans (42.2%) and teens to adults in their 20s (74.3%) while the other 25.7% are 30 and over.

Here are the results:

20. Master Asia (Mobile Fighter G Gundam)
19. Batou (Ghost in the Shell)
18. Joseph Joestar (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
17. Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Stay Night series)
16. Gildarts Clive (Fairy Tail)
15. Bunta Fujiwara (Initial D)
14. Kagetora Aida (Kuroko’s Basketball)
13. Taizou Hasegawa (Gintama)
12. Shanks (One Piece)
11. Yupa Miralda (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)
10. Koichi Zenigata (Lupin III)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Koichi Zenigata Lupin III
9. Hiroshi Nohara (Crayon Shin-chan)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Hiroshi Nohara shin chan
8. Kiichi Goto (Patlabor)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Kiichi Goto Patlabor
7. Matsudaira Katakuriko (Gintama)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Matsudaira Katakuriko Gintama
6. Silvers Rayleigh (One Piece)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Silvers Rayleigh One Piece
5. Shigaraki (Gugure! Kokkuri-san)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Shigaraki Gugure Kokkuri-san
4. Tomomi Masaoka (Psycho-Pass)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Tomomi Masaoka Psycho-Pass
3. Kotetsu T. Kaburagi (Tiger & Bunny)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Kotetsu T. Kaburagi Tiger & Bunny
2. Ramba Ral (Mobile Suit Gundam)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Ramba Ral Mobile Suit Gundam
1. Daisuke Jigen (Lupin III)Top 20 Mature Male Anime Characters Fans Think Are the Coolest Daisuke Jigen Lupin III