The official website of Osomatsu-san updated with more cast and character designs per day since Tuesday for its Fall 2015 anime premiere. Just few days ago, an anime sequel for a 27-year old anime, Osomatsu-kun, has been announced.
New cast and character designs:
- Takahiro Sakurai (Diamond no Ace‘s Miyuki Kazuya, Code Geass’ Suzaku Kururugi) as Osomatsu, the eldest son
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun‘s Umetarou Nozaki, Hamatora‘s Ratio) as the second son, Karamatsu
- Kamiya Hiroshi (Bakemonogatari‘s Koyomi Araragi, Kuroko no Basket‘s Akashi Seijuuro) as the third son, Choromatsu
- Jun Fukuyama (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu‘s Koro-sensei, Special A‘s Kei Takishima) as the fourth son, Ichimatsu
Other characters without voice actors yet:
- Art Director: Seiki Tamura (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Akatsuki no Yona)
- Color Design: Yukiko Kakita (Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia)
- Editing: Kumiko Sakamoto (Yowamushi Pedal Movie)
- Music: Yukari Hashimoto (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Golden Time)
- Music Production: Avex Pictures
- Sound director: Hiromi Kikuta (Haikyuu!!, Wake Up, Girls!)
- Sound production: Rakuonsha (Nichijou, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Animation Production: Studio Pierrot (Great Teacher Onizuka, Kingdom)
The prequel of the anime was aired with 86 episodes on February 13, 1988 to December 30, 1989 titled as Osomatsu-kun. The manga was published with 34 volumes under Shogakukan’s Weekly Shounen Sunday magazine from 1962 to 1988. This Fall 2015 anime will be about Osomatsu-kun on his adult years.
sevenpocky | Anime and Manga Enthusiast. Slice-of-life and Sports genre fanatic. Shoujo manga lover.
Oh, and I’m short and I love writing manga news.