The official website of the upcoming Charlotte anime has revealed that it will begin airing from July 5th on Tokyo MX during this Summer 2015 anime season. In addition, the site has also revealed two brand new visuals and the preview video for the anime’s first episode.
Here is the second newly revealed visual, which reveals a darker theme to the anime:
The Charlotte anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on Saturday, July 4th at midnight, effectively making it air on Sunday, July 5th. The anime will also air on Tochigi TV and GTV at the same time. It will then be broadcasted on Chiba TV, TVK and Television Saitama half an hour later at 12:30am JST on the 5th. It will also air on MBS, Tulip TV, CBC TV and BS11 in the days following.
The preview video for the first episode of the anime, debutting on the 5th.
This key visual was also featured in upcoming issue of Dengeki G‘s magazine which revealed additional members of the staff.
The latest issue of Dengeki G‘s has revealed further members of the anime’s staff and the full list includes:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Ah! My Goddess and Soul Eater Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Tari Tari)
- Original Character Designer: Na-Ga (Clannad, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer and Screenplay Writer: Jun Maeda (Angel Beats!, Clannad)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
The anime’s website has also revealed the synopsis of the story of Charlotte:
Set in a word in which a small percent of children manifest super powers upon reaching puberty, the series follows the Nouryokusha mono, power bearer, members of the “Hoshi No Umi” Academy student council as they help peers with problems arising from their abilities.
- He describes the plot of the anime as a typical Key story. He further compares the series to Angel Beats! where that series was unable to flesh out all the characters. This series will be different as their main focus will be on the characters.
- The main characters of the series will revolve around the student council, where one of them are in a band. There will be two stage performances by the band.
- The anime’s Opening and Ending themes, and the insert songs, will be written and composed by Jun Maeda (Angel Beats! Music & Creator, Clannad Music and Writer).
- The genre of the songs will be rock focusing on women vocals where the voice actresses will be singing.
- The first half of the anime will be more slow paced than Angel Beats! before picking up speed for the second half
Here is the announcement video for Charlotte:
The Charlotte anime will start airing from July 5th at 12:00am JST on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2015 anime season. More information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source – Charlotte Anime Website