It was revealed during a conference for Square Enix’s popular arcade game Gunslinger Stratos that an anime adaptation of the series has been green-lit. The presentation also revealed that Gunslinger Stratos -The Animation- will air in April 2015 throughout the Spring 2015 anime season. The anime’s cast and staff were also revealed and the first visual and promotional video were unveiled on the anime’s official website.
The main cast of Gunslinger Stratos -The Animation- was revealed at the event and includes the following:
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou in Toaru Majutsu no Index) will lead the cast as Tohru Kazasumi
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) will be voicing as Ricardo Martini
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) will voice Olga Janetine
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) voicing Kyouka Katagiri
- Masakazu Nishida (First Major Role) as Kyouma Katagiri
- Kana Ueda (Rin Tohsaka in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) will be playing Shizune Rindo
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) voices ξ988
- Yousuke Akimoto (Ogam in Tears to Tiara) is voicing the role of Mondo Makabe
- Yumiko Kobayashi (Black☆Star from Soul Eater) will voice Jonathan Sizemore
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Lyudmila N. Ignatova
- Nana Mizuki (Hinata Hyuuga in Naruto) voices Kumi Minakata
- Tooru Ookawa (Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist) as Srinivasa
- Mariya Ise (Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) as Matsurika Shinou
- Soichiro Hoshi (Kira Yamato in Mobile Suit Gundam Seed) as Ryo Kusakage
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) as Remy Odhner
- Takehito Koyasu (Aokiji from One Piece) as Aaron Burroughs
- Rikiya Koyama (Kiritsugu Emiya in Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night)as Akira Rakandou
The anime’s staff was also revealed and includes:
- Director: Shinpei Ezaki (Kimi ni Todoke and Attack on Titan Episode Director)
- Scenario Writer: Gen Urobuchi (Aldnoah.Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Series Composer: Norimitsu Kaihou (Guilty Crown: Lost Christmas, Gakkou Gurashi! Manga Creator)
- Script Writers: Nitro+ (Steins;Gate, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Anime Character Designer: Shin’ichi Yokota (Redline and Fullmetal Alchemist Key Animator)
- Music Composer: Tetsuya Kobayashi (Persona 3 the Movie #2 Midsummer Knight’s Dream, Persona 4 the Golden Animation)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The first promotional video for Gunslinger Stratos -The Animation- was also released, introducing the setting of the anime:
And here is an animated PV for the game:
Gunslinger Stratos is an arcade game developed by Square Enix. It first released in Japanese arcades in 2012 as a third person shooter utilising dual light gun controls. In the game players can use the analogs on the light guns to move around and fly throughout a recreation of Tokyo. The game also supported 8 player multiplayer and a featured destructible buildings. A sequel of the game released earlier this year in Japanese arcades. The game was first released internationally in a small trail at the 2013 Game Developers Conference. Since then no further announcement about any international release was made, though there have been rumours about Square Enix making a console port of the games.
Suwabe revealed that at least one of the characters will die in the series, and will be filled with drama, death and romance.
Gunslinger Stratos -The Animation- will be airing from April next year on Tokyo MX, BS11, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV and Niconico, during the Spring 2015 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed soon.