The end of the final episode of the anime adaptation of Cool Kyoushinsha’s I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying (Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) 4 koma has announced that a second season of the anime is currently in production and that it will be airing in April next year.
— アニメ旦那が何を言っているかわからない件 (@anime_danna) December 25, 2014
The official website of the anime has also revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming second season:
The cast of the original anime, which will return for the upcoming second season, includes:
- Yukari Tamura (Nui from Kill la Kill) as Kaoru, the working wife.
- Kenichi Suzumura (FoiFoi from Senyuu) as Hajime, the otaku husband.
- Rie Kugumiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist) as Rino Juse, the highschool friend.
- Toshifumi Sakai (Assassin A from Strange+) as Nozomu Juse, the highschool friend’s husband.
- Ryoko Shintani (Sae from Hidamari Sketch) as Tanaka-san, another highschool friend.
- Daisuke Tonosaki (Delinquent A from Strange+) as Yamada, another highschool friend’s husband.
- Sayaka Horino (Mikine Nezu from Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san) as Mayotama, the trap younger brother.
- Kaori Shimizu (Hiyori Tamura from Lucky Star) as Miki-san, the mysterious detective.
There has been no information about whether the staff will return to produce the second season. The staff of the anime’s first season includes:
- Director and Screenplay Writer: Shinpei Nagai (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san)
- Character Designer and Animation Director: Ryuichi Baba (Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Gundalian Invaders)
- Sound Director: Masakatsu Oomuro (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Sparrow’s Hotel)
- Music Composer: G-angle (Debut role)
- Animation Studio: Seven (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Recorder to Randoseru Do♪)
I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying (Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) is a 4-koma web manga series by Cool Kyoushinsha. The series is released on Kyoushinsha’s website where it gained enough popularity for publisher Ichijinsha to compile and publish the manga into 4 volumes to date, the last of which released in June this year. An anime adaptation of the series was announced and aired during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season, produced by studio Seven (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Recorder to Randoseru Do♪) and directed by Shinpei Nagai (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san).
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
The anime follows the daily life of an earnest, hardworking office lady named Kaoru and her otaku husband, Hajime, who is totally immersed in a certain huge net bulletin board system.
The second season of the Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken anime will be airing from April next year during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the leading months to the anime’s broadcast.