The official website of the upcoming anime film adaptation of Yoshitoki Ooima’s Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) manga released a brand new visual and revealed the leading two cast members. The movie itself will be releasing in Japanese theatres on September 17th.
The first two cast members of the upcoming anime film was released:
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) will star as Shouya Ishida
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) will be voicing as Shouko Nishimiya
The production staff of the Koe no Katachi anime includes:
- Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman, Non Non Biyori)
- Anime Character Designer: Futoshi Nishiya (Free!, Hyouka)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Amagi Brilliant Park, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
- Music: Kensuke Ushio (Ping Pong The Animation, Space Dandy)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Hibike! Euphonium)
Here is the film’s first trailer:
Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) is a manga series written and illustrated by Yoshitoki Ooima. The series began as a one-shot in the February 2011 issue of Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shonen Magazine. A full manga series was then produced in August 2013 where it was published weekly in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. The series itself ended on the 12th this month for a total of 61 chapters compiled into 7 volumes, with the last volume releasing on December 17th. Since its publication, the series has sold over 700,000 copies as of May 2014.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Ishida Shouya bullies a deaf girl, Nishimiya Shouko, to the point that she drops out of school. As a result, he is ostracized and bullied himself with no friends to speak of and no plans for the future.
This is the story of his path to redemption.
The Koe no Katachi anime film, produced by Kyoto Animation, will be scheduled to release in Japan on September 17 this year. Additional information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.