The official website of the Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- TV anime began streaming a new preview for the fall 2015 TV anime on Friday. The opening theme titled “Overdrive” is performed by 27-year-old voice actress/singer Hitomi Harada, who is cast as Momoka Sagara in the anime. The ending theme will be titled “Ultra Super Hyper Miracle Romantic” and performed by by Mirei Shikishima (cast: Yuka Iguchi) & Mamori Tokonome (cast: Mikako Izawa).
The series will debut on AT-X on October 10.
The second promotional video was streamed last August:
Recent anime visual:
The first members of the main cast were revealed along the first look of the anime’s character designs. The main cast includes:
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) who voices Mirei Shikishima
- Mikako Izawa (Satsuki Kashiwaba from Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita.) voicing as Mamori Tokonome
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi in Love Live! School Idol Project) voicing as Meifon Sakura
- Yuna Yoshino (Seekvaira Agares from High School DxD BorN) as Akira Hiiragi
- Masumi Tazawa (Rika Saionji from Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) is voicing as Kasumi Shigure
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru) voicing the role of Charlotte Scherzen
- Hitomi Harada (Mizuki Himeji in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) will voice Momoka Sagara
- Saori Oonishi (Eriri Spencer Sawamura in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) joins the cast to voice Rayne Hasumi
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The [email protected]) as Lady J
- Kikuko Inoue (Sanae Furukawa in Clannad) voicing as Torino Kazami
The main members of the anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Hiraku Kaneko (Seikon no Qwaser, Maken-Ki! Two)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Trigun, High School of the Dead)
- Chief Animation Directors: Takeshi Yoshioka (Bleach, Ibara no Ou) and Ippei Ichii (Isuca, Shirokuma Cafe)
- Art Director: Hiroki Matsumoto (Strike Witches, Saki)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Hanasaku Iroha, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
- Music Composer: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Arms (Elfen Lied, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
Here is the first PV for the anime that also previews the Opening theme song Oh No, Oh No sung by Hitomi Harada:
Valkyrie Drive is a new mixed media project produced by Japanese media publisher Marvelous helmed by Kenichirou Takaki and Hiraku Kaneko, the creators of Senran Kagura. The project initially consists of three separate entities: an anime titled Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-, a console game titled Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni-, and a free to play mobile game called Valkyrie Drive -Siren-. Each of the games will focus on different casts of female characters who each wield a unique weapon.
The synopsis of Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-:
The “beautiful girl sexy battle action” anime is set on five artificial islands.
The Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- TV anime will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed at a later date.