Japan’s national broadcasting organization NHK revealed on Wednesday that the TV anime based on Mamare Touno and Tetsuya Kumagai’s light novel series Log Horizon will receive a third season titled Log Horizon: Entaku Hokai (Log Horizon: Fall of the Round Table) that will premiere from October.
The cast and staff will return from the previous seasons of the anime:
- Takuma Terashima (Yoshifumi Aoki from Kokoro Connect) who will return to voice Shiroe
- Tomoaki Maeno (Junichi Tachibana in Amagami SS) is back as Naotsugu
- Emiri Kato (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) is reprising her role as Akatsuki
- Jouji Nakata (Alucard in Hellsing) voices Nyanta
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) as Touya
- Nao Tamura (Ayuko Uehara in Aiura) voices Minori
- Eriko Matsui (Benio Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) as Isuzu
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) voices Rundelhaus Code
- Ikumi Hayama (Kanade Amakusa from NouCome) as Elissa
- Yumi Hara (Takane Shijou in The iDOLM@STER) will be voicing Marielle
- Ayahi Takagaki (Lisbeth in Sword Art Online) is voicing Henrietta
- Misaki Kuno (Kate Hoshimiya from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) is playing as Serara
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai) voices Soujirou Seta
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) as Krusty
- Mariya Ise (Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) voicing as Lenessia Erharte Cowen
The staff currently consists of:
- Director: Shinji Ishihira (Log Horizon, Fairy Tail)
- Series Composer: Toshizo Nemoto (Log Horizon, Tokyo Majin)
- Character Designer: Tetsuya Kumagai (Log Horizon, Skip Beat!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Log Horizon, Rurouni Kenshin)
Log Horizon anime visual:
Log Horizon is a Japanese novel series written by Mamare Touno and illustrated by Kazuhiro Hara. It began serialization online in 2010 on the user-generated novel publishing website Shōsetsuka ni Narō, being later on acquired by Enterbrain and published as a light novel in Japan since 2011. Yen Press began publishing an English translation in 2015. The series follows the strategist, Shiroe, and the other players of the long-lived MMORPG Elder Tale after they find themselves whisked away into the game world following a game update.
The novel has received four manga adaptations, with one based on the main story and the other three revolving around characters in the series. An anime television series adaptation by Satelight aired on NHK Educational TV between October 5, 2013, and March 22, 2014. A second season by Studio Deen aired between October 4, 2014, and March 28, 2015. A third season animated by Studio Deen once again will premiere in October 2020.
Log Horizon synopsis from MAL:
In the blink of an eye, thirty thousand bewildered Japanese gamers are whisked from their everyday lives into the world of the popular MMORPG, Elder Tale, after the game’s latest update—unable to log out. Among them is the socially awkward college student Shiroe, whose confusion and shock lasts only a moment as, a veteran of the game, he immediately sets out to explore the limits of his new reality.
Shiroe must learn to live in this new world, leading others and negotiating with the NPC “natives” in order to bring stability to the virtual city of Akihabara. He is joined by his unfortunate friend Naotsugu, having logged in for the first time in years only to find himself trapped, and Akatsuki, a petite but fierce assassin who labels Shiroe as her master. A tale of fantasy, adventure, and politics, Log Horizon explores the elements of gaming through the eyes of a master strategist who attempts to make the best of a puzzling situation.