Today marked the first anniversary of Sega’s popular Mobile RPG Chain Chronicle. To celebrate, an event was held in Akihabara, where it was announced that the game will be receiving a short anime adaptation.
The cast and crew for the anime was also announced. The anime’s cast was revealed but the characters they will be voicing was not. They are:
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama)
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Kotori Koiwai (Renge Miyauchi in Non Non Biyori)
- Junichi Yanagita (First major role)
- Shiori Mikami (Akari Akaza from YuruYuri)
The production crew working on the anime includes:
- Director: Takeshi Mori (Vandread, Stratos 4)
- Character Designer: Hiromi Kato (Guilty Crown, Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun)
- Script Writer: QUALIA (Game Scenario Writer)
- Animation Studios: Sotsu (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Producers) and Jumonji (Debut anime)
Additionally, the first screenshots of the anime were released:
- Chain Chronicle is a mobile RPG developed and published by Sega. The game features full voice acting that released in 2013. The game also has a PlayStation Vita title in production, which is scheduled to release this Summer.
Here is a promotional video of the game:
And some screenshots of the game:
The Chain Chronicle anime will be a short series. Further details about the series, such as how short it is and when it will air, will be revealed at a later date.
Source – Dengeki Online