On July 26th, the character designs for the Fall 2015 Season anime Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni “Shomin Sample” Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken were released, along with the broadcasting stations for the show. Translated into English, the title reads The Story of How I Was Kidnapped as a “Sample Commoner” for a Princess School.
The character designs for the main cast are shown below:
- Tamaru Atsushi (Ooji Mochizou from Tamako Market) as Kagurazaka Kimihito, the sample commoner featured in the title
- Serizawa Yuu (Shiragami Youko from Jitsu wa Watashi wa) as Tenkuubashi Aika, the loner who starts a club with the main character
- Tachibana Rika (Sae from The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) as Arisugawa Reiko, Aika’s rival
- Morinaga Chitose (Fumie from Owari no Serafu) as Jinryou Karen, a girl from a samurai family
- Kuwahara Yuuki (Arikawa Hime from Himegoto) as Shiodome Hakua, an antisocial child prodigy
- Oonishi Saori (Sawamura Eriri from Saekano) as Miyuki Kujou, the main character’s “maid”
- Hara Yumi (Shijou Takane from The [email protected]) as Hanae Eri, the main character’s childhood friend
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni “Shomin Sample” Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken is a romantic-comedy, ecchi and harem light novel series written by Takafumi Nanatsuki (Gakuen to Sekai to Gakuen, Love★You) and illustrated by Gekka Uruu (Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne, Yagate Maken no Alicebell) under Ichijinsha Paperback on December 2011. There are currently 9 light novel volumes. The first volume was released on November 19, 2011 and the 9th volume was shipped on January 20, 2015. A drama CD was included on the 5th light novel volume of the series.
Drama CD Cast:
- Kaito Ishikawa (Haikyuu!!‘s Tobio Kageyama, Nagi no Asukara‘s Tsumigu Kihara) as Kimito Kagurazaka
- Asami Seto (Chihayafuru‘s Chihaya Ayase, Death Parade‘s Kurokami no Onna) as Aika Tenkuubashi
- Ai Kayano (No Game No Life‘s Shiro, Sukitte Ii na yo.‘s Mei Tachibana) as Reiko Arisugawa
- Rina Hidaka (Captain Earth‘s Akari Yomatsuri, Inu x Boku SS‘ Ririchiyo Shirakiin) as Hakua Shiodome
- Sachika Misawa (Accel World‘s Kuroyukihime, Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita.’s Yukari Kohinata) as Karen Jinryou
- Aoi Yuuki (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica‘s Madoka Kaname, Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta‘s Claire Cruz) as Miyuki Kujou
The series also received a manga adaptation with the same title but was illustrated by Risumai (Danshi Koukousei noNichijou Anthology, Juukinzoku Kanojo). There are six manga volumes as of February 1, 2015.
- Director: Masato Jinbo (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!, Nozo x Kimi)
- Series Composition: Kento Shimoyama (Bleach, Servant x Service)
- Music: Hiromi Mizutani (Non Non Biyori, Toriko)
- Production: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Nourin)
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni “Shomin Sample” Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken synopsis from Haruhichan:
In a hidden school surrounded by mountains, young ladies of good families are taught everything a high class lady needs to know. They are also completely cut off from the outside world, keeping them sheltered and innocent; however, a problem has come up recently—more and more graduates are failing to cope with the modern world after graduation. To deal with this problem, they’ve decided to kidnap a male commoner student, and enroll him as a student. They hope that this will be a gentle way to introduce the girls to the outside world.
Kagurazaka Kimito is chosen for this dubious honor, mostly because he seems utterly average; however, the school leaders also seem to have concluded he’s a homosexual with a muscle fetish. When Kimito hears that the alternative may be castration (to protect the girls’ purity), he eagerly plays along with this misconception. Now he’ll just have to survive the attention of many high class young ladies that are completely out of touch with the world!