The official website of the Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai anime has released updated character designs for the upcoming adaptation of August’s Visual Novel of the same name. The anime itself will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season.
The anime’s website has revealed new character designs for the anime’s characters and their recently announced cast members. The cast includes:
- Junji Majima (Ryuuji Takasu from Toradora!) will voice the main character Kyoutarou Kakei
- Madoka Yonezawa (Setsuna Ogiso in White Album 2) voices Tsugumi Shirasaki
- Atsumi Tanezaki (Asako Natsume from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) will voice Nagi Kodachi
- Yuka Saitou (Chizuru Akaba in Seitokai no Ichizon) will be voicing Tamamo Sakuraba
- Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) as Senri Misono
- Eri Sendai (Touka Takanashi in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Kana Suzuki
- Saki Nakajima (Saki Kijima from Hayate no Gotoku!) will voice Maho Mochizuki
- Miyu Kashiwagi (Tomo Yanagihara in White Album 2) as Sayumi Ureshino
- Satoshi Tsuruoka (Caster in Fate/Zero) as Gizaemon
The remainder of the cast are as follows:
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka from Toaru Majutsu no Index) is voicing Miyu Serizawa
- Kei Mizusawa (Celia Cumani Aintree in Walkure Romanze) will voice Aoi Takigawa
- You Taichi (Sayori Mizushima in Love Lab) voices Sayori Shirasaki
- Taiten Kusunoki (Boris in Black Lagoon) will voice Kakei Tomohiko
The website has also released some new background art that showcases the design process of adapting locations from the Visual Novel into the anime.
And an image of Kyoutarou crossdressing was also posted online:
Here is the first promotional video for the Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai anime, which was earlier released:
The production crew on the Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai anime has also been revealed:
- Director,Character Designer and Animation Director: Team Nico – a group composed of Kenichi Konishi (The Tale of The Princess Kaguya), Tomomi Kamiya (Strike Witches), Asami Sodeyama (The Tale of The Princess Kaguya), Kaori Hayashi (The Garden of Words), and Yuu Nobuta (Girls Bravo)
- Series Composition: Kiyoko Yoshimura (Akuma no Riddle)
- Original Character Designer: Bekkankou (Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku)
- Music: Active Planets (Background music composers of the VN)
- Anime Studio: Hoods Entertainment (Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, Nazo no Kanojo X)
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd is an adult visual novel from developer August and publisher Hazuki. The game originally released in January 2013, though a bunch of manga adaptations were released before the VN as tie-ins. A total of 5 manga adaptations were published by ASCII Media Works, Ichijinsha, Kadokawa Shoten and Media Factory in 2012. Additionally, a light novel released early last year for a total of 2 volumes. The visual novel was the highest selling PC game of January 2013.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from Haruhichan:
The story is set at Shiomi Academy, a vast, prestigious academy with a Daitoshokan (literally, “great library”) that rivals Japan’s national library. As a member of the Library Club, Kyoutarou Kakei goes to Daitoshokan to enjoy reading by himself. He then meets a second-year girl named Tsugumi Shirasaki through the efforts of a so-called “shepherd” who fulfills people’s wishes. Eventually, more girls join the club thanks to the “shepherd.”
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai will be airing this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. More information about the anime will be revealed at the Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai anime event in Akihabara on September 21st, where the first episode of the anime will also be shown.
Source – Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai