The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda’s Sound! Euphonium (Hibike! Euphonium) light novel series began streaming a 32-second commercial on Friday. The video previews some scenes from the anime and reveals that the anime will premiere on April 7.
A new visual was also released:
Additionally, last February a new visual, cast members, and the anime’s Opening and Ending themes were also revealed.
The anime’s website has revealed additional cast members for the upcoming anime. They include:
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Haruka Ogasawara, the Saxophone player
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) voices the role of Kaori Nakaseko, who plays the Trumpet
- Haruki Ishiya (Ayumu Kominato in Selector Infected WIXOSS) voices the role of Shuuichi Takamoto, the Trombone player
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
The anime’s website also revealed the anime’s Opening and Ending themes. The OP will be DREAM SOLISTER performed by the singer TRUE, and the ED will be Tutti, sung by the main voice actresses of the anime in character.
The anime’s main cast members, who will also perform the ED, were earlier revealed and includes:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, the Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, the Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
A new extended version of the anime’s first promotional video, which was first released at Comiket 87, was also earlier revealed.
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Original: Takeda Ayano
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad)
- Series Composition: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-On!)
- Character Design: Shoko Ikeda (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Art Director: Shinohara Mutsuo (Clannad)
- Color Design: Takeda Akiyo (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Instrument Design: Takahashi Hiroyuki
- Director of Photography: Takao Kazuya
- Sound Director: Tsuruoka Yota (Bakemonogatari)
- Music: Matsuda Akito (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Animation Production: Kyoto Animation (Amagi Brilliant Park, Kyoukai no Kanata, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Sound! Euphonium Welcome to Kitauji High School’s Musical Instrument Club is a Japanese novel by Ayano Takeda, published on December 5, 2013 by Takarajimasha. The story focuses on the Kitauji High School Music Club, which is steadily improving thanks to the newly appointed adviser’s strict instruction. An anime adaptation has been announced.
This is the story of the Kitauji Music club and its members. With the introduction of a new club adviser, the story depicts the students’ daily lives as they face challenges and obstacles.
The Sound! Euphonium anime will be airing this April during the Spring 2015 anime season. More information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source: Sound! Euphonium Anime Website