A new visual for Studio Trigger’s (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer) upcoming original Kiznaiver TV anime has been revealed in the February 2016 issue of NewType. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
In addition to this, the first commercial for Studio Trigger’s (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer) upcoming original Kiznaiver TV anime has been revealed. The new video briefly outlines the main staff of the anime and shows its leading tagline: “Youthful group drama about escaping common sense. We are connected through wounds.” The video also reveals that Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyuu!!, Death Parade) will compose the series’ music. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
In addition to this, the official website for the anime has also revealed the first set of character designs for the main cast.
While the voice cast for all the characters have yet to be revealed, new character designs were revealed. The main cast includes:
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager from Shingeki no Kyojin) as Katsuhira Akata
- Hibiku Yamamura (Ashuramaru from Owari no Seraph) as Noriko Sonozaki
- Tomoaki Maeno (Hak Son from Akatsuki no Yona) as Hajime Tenga
- Tsuguto Yoshida
- Honoka Maki
- Yuka Terasaki (Arata Wataya from Chihayafuru) as Chidori Takashiro
- Misaki Kuno (Hawk from Nanatsu no Taizai) as Niko Niiyama
- Yoshiharu Hisomu
The staff members for the series include:
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi (Kimi no Iru Machi, Kill la Kill Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Mari Okada (Hanasaku Iroha, Toradora!)
- Anime Character Designer: Mai Yoneyama (Kill la Kill and Black Rock Shooter Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer)
The November issue of Shufu-to-Seikatsu Sha Ltd.’s Pash! magazine also revealed the anime announcement of Studio Trigger’s next anime along with a visual:
Here is the anime’s synopsis:
Set in the fictional Japanese city of Sugomori City, one day Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: “You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver.” The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his.
The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.
Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city’s population is decreasing. The story is set in this town where Katsuhira and the others live.
In an interview in the magazine, scriptwriter Okada stated that the keyword for the series is “kizuna” (connection). The title itself is a play on “kizuna” and “naive.” Okada noted that she wrote the title before the story outline.
Studio Trigger is currently producing Kiznaiver, a brand new original TV anime. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.