The official website for the upcoming short TV anime adaptation Ojisan and Marshmallow directed by Hisayoshi Hirasawa and Noriyoshi Sakaki and based on the notorious Pixiv manga comedy by Rekomaru Otoi has just revealed the character designs.
The character designs along with the cast is as follows:
- Tetsu Inada (Gamagoori in Kill la Kill) will voice Habahiro Kusaka
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) as Iori Wakabayashi
- Kana Hanazawa (Sengoku Nadeko in Monogatari Series) as MIO5
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu in Fairy Tail) will cast Isamu Wakabayashi
- Suzuna Kinoshita (Nekobi in Sore Ike! Anpanman) as Machida
- Kaori Taguchi as Mukai
- Chika Yoshitomi as The Marshmallow Factory’s Senior
- Nozomi Furuki (Chess Belle in Owari no Seraph) as The Marshmallow Factory’s Junior
A new visual was also unveiled:
The series had its first volume published in November and has since reached over 20 million views on Pixiv. Ichijinsha published the first compiled book volume in November and the second volume, Motto! Ojisan to Marshmallow, in June. Otoi began the ongoing spinoff series Wakabayashi-kun ga Nekasete Kurenai in Futabasha’s Manga Action magazine in 2015.
Ojisan to Marshmallow synopsis from MAL:
The series is about a man named Kusaka who has a fascination for marshmallows. Kusaka gets involved in a relationship with an office lady named Wakabayashi, and the story focuses on their relationship in the workplace.