Kadokawa have revealed a hug pillow of Galko from the upcoming anime adaptation of Kenya Suzuki’s comedy manga Oshiete! Galko-chan. The pillow will be sold at Comiket 89 for 10,800 ($89.14) yen each, ahead of a February release.
In addition to this, the character designs for the main cast has been revealed. The series will broadcast on Tokyo MX on January 8. The cast will also perform the opening theme song for the series which has yet to be given a title.
The cast is as follows:
- Azumi Waki (Eri Higuchi from Anitore! EX) will voice Galko
- Miyu Tomita (Taihei Doma from Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Otako
- Minami Takahashi (from Shokugeki no Souma) as Ojou
The staff was revealed earlier and include:
- Director: Keiichiro Kawaguchi (Hayate no Gotoku!, Nyan Koi!, SKET Dance)
- Character Designs: Kenji Fujisaki (Blood Lad, Cross Fight B-Daman, Ozma)
- Animation Studio: Feel (Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai., Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku, Outbreak Company)
The website also revealed the anime visual earlier:
Oshiete! Galko-chan is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kenya Suzuki. An anime television series adaptation will begin in January 2016.
Oshiete! Galko-chan synopsis from Haruhichan:
Follow the daily school life of Gyaruko-chan, Otako, and Ojyo in this series of comedic short stories. Gyaruko-chan has a tendency to speak rudely, but she’s basically friends with everyone. Otako is the quiet loner of the class, but she is good friends with Gyaruko-chan. Ojyo speaks her mind freely and naturally.