The official website for the TV anime adapation of Fumiaki Maruto’s popular comedy light novel series Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata has revealed that a sequel of the anime is currently in production. No further details about it have been revealed.
The announcement was made at a live event for the anime earlier today. The anime’s staff and cast were present at the event and made the announcement to the audience together.
Additionally, the third volume of the anime’s Blu-ray will be releasing on May 13th. It will contain episodes 3 and 4 of the first season, as well as a short novel by Maruto, an original song, a small selection of the OST and other goodies.
The main cast for the first season includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) will lead the cast as the otaku Tomoya Aki
- Kiyono Yasuno (Tina Kobayakawa in Wake Up Girls!) will be voicing Megumi Katou, who met Tomoya by fate
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) voices Eriri Spencer Sawamura, a childhood friend of Tomoya
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Utaha Kasumigaoka, a popular writer
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices the role of Izumi Hashima
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will be playing Michiru Hyoudou
The anime’s production staff for the first season includes:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Oreshura, Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin)
- Screenplay Writer: Fumiaki Maruto (White Album 2, light novel writer)
- Music Composer: Hajime Hyakkoku (GJ-bu, K-ON!)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Sword Art Online)
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata also known in the short form Saekano, is a Japanese light novel series by Fumiaki Maruto, with illustrations by Kurehito Misaki. Fujimi Shobo has published seven volumes since July 2012 under their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. It has received a manga adaptation in addition to two spin-off manga adaptations. The anime television series adaptation by A-1 Pictures is scheduled to air from January 2015 on Fuji TV’s noitamina block.
The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hoarding. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who’s always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?
The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio’s journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.