The newest issue of Dengeki G’s magazine has revealed the first bits of information for the announced Love Live! Sunshine!! project. The magazine has revealed the 9 idols that will be featured in the project; their names and respective cast members.
The main cast and the names of the characters appearing in the Love Live! Sunshine!! have been revealed. The nine members of the new idol group in the project includes (following the above image’s order):
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami (right)
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi (left)
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura (right)
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Daiya Kurosawa (left)
- Shuka Saito (Unknown) will join the cast as You Watanabe (right)
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima (left)
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida (right)
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara (center)
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa (left)
Additional information about the characters and project have also been revealed:
- The readers and fans of the series will be able to participate in the story
- After seeing the success of μ, Chika Takami wishes to follow in their footsteps and become a school idol. The new group can be seen as a sister looking up to μ
- The anime will be set in Uchiura, a small seaside town near Numazu, Shizuoka Perfecture
- The nine girls attend the Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, a school with less than 100 students
- The name of the new idol group will be chosen by the fans. A poll is being held online till May 11th.
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season titled Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season aired from April 6, 2014 to June 29, 2014 for a total of 13 episodes and an anime film will be released this Summer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that’s evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.
With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. “In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do… become pop stars!”
Still not much is known about Love Live! Sunshine!! If it were to follow route as Love Live! School Idol Project, a series of songs and albums will be produced, followed by various media adaptations including an anime series.
You can visit the anime’s website for more information: http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/
And follow their Twitter as well: @LoveLive_staff
Details about the Poll when it launches: http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/