The promotional video for Sega Hard Girls (Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls) project has been uploaded. Sega Hard Girls (Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls) personifies Sega game consoles of the past into 17 girls. The project already has a novel and the characters support the game Samurai & Dragons. KEI did the original character design for the girls, the artist who also did the original design for Miku Hatsune.
The series is being animated in CG at TMS Entertainment and Jinnis, with Sōta Sugahara (gdgd Fairies character design, animation director) directing the project off scripts written by himself and Masayuki Kibe. The production uses the MikuMikuDance software that has also been used for Minarai Diva, Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono, and KEI’s Straight Title Robot Anime. Sōta Sugahara and Kio designed the CG characters, and Shigeyuki Watanabe serves as CG director.
The remaining staff includes:
- Original work, supervision: Sega
- Miku Miku Dance Director: Ponpoko P (6DAnimation)
- CG Backgrounds: Fireball
- Dream Cast: Mao Ichimichi (M.A.O.) (Tomoko Usami from Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita., Mizuki Misawa from Samurai Flamenco, Fierté from Z/X: Ignition)
- Sega Saturn: Minami Takahashi (Sora Kazesawa from Aikatsu!, Noborito from D-Frag!, Akira Yamashita from Noragami)
- Mega Drive: Shiori Izawa (Shiri from Durarara!!, Mary Hughes from Fairy Tail, Mayumi Yoshino from Gin no Saji)
- Sega Mark III: Manami Tanaka (Alice Cartelet from Kiniro Mosaic, Matome Minano from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation, Minami Shindou from Strike the Blood)
- Master System: Yuuko Takayama (Hiromi Nakabayashi from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Ryuuta Sugisaki from Mitsudomoe, Raido Namiashi from Naruto: Shippuuden)
- Game Gear: unknown
- Robo Pitcher: Haruna Momono (Yoshiko from Onee-chan ga Kita)
- Visual Memory: Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Rika Yoshitake from Genshiken Nidaime, Tamaki Kannazuki from GJ-bu)
- SC-300: Mai Aizawa (Anna Moeki from Ai Mai! Moe Can Change!, Mio Naganohara from Nichijou, Kobushi Kuroi from Tokyo ESP)
- SG-1000: Yuu Serizawa (Koume Ono from Go! Go! 575, Tenma Ichinotani from Mushibugyou, Mirei Minami from Pri Para)
- SG-1000 II: Naomi Ohzora (Susanna Hopkins from Genshiken Nidaime, Inari Fushimi from Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha., Jessica Shannon from Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers)
- Mega CD: Shiori Mikami (Ecarlate Juptris St. Piria from Ixion Saga DT, Hikari Koshino from Nougyou Musume!, Akari Akaza from Yuru Yuri)
- Mega Drive 2: Yuri Yamaoka (Ai Shindou from Kyoukai no Kanata, Choi Mochimazzi from Tamako Market, Chocolat from Yumeiro Pâtissière)
- Mega CD2: Saori Hayashi (Kumacaron from Donyatsu, Saori from Sacred Seven, Mogi from Sankarea)
- Super 32X: Yui Kano (Dalsiena che Matelna from Chrome Shelled Regios, Kanako Horii from SKET Dance, Misaki Sakura from Wagaya no Oinari-sama.)
- Genesis: Asami Tano (Exorcist from Fran♥cesca, Jinja from Juusen Battle Monsuno, Akane Hino from Smile Precure!)
- Terra Drive: Marina Inoue (Frau from 07-Ghost, Yozora Mikazuki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat!)
Sega Hard Girls (Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls) will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season.
The first characters – Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Mega Drive, Game Gear, and Master System (pictured above from left to right) – were all featured before in the Samurai & Dragons PS Vita game’s “Segakko 13 ~Yume Kanaeshi Mono” event, as well as on T-shirts and other goods. Kei, the original illustrator of the girls and the artist famous for designing Hatsune Miku, returned to create updated illustrations for the novel, while Tōru Shiwasu (Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensō) has been writing it.
Sega Hard Girls (Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls) synopsis from Haruhichan:
Sega Hard Girls re-imagines video game consoles released by Sega as anthropomorphized goddesses who appear all over modern Japan.