Aniplex began streaming a new commercial for Studio Trigger’s (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer) upcoming original Kiznaiver TV anime on Saturday. The commercial introduces the main cast and staff members, including three new cast members who were recently unveiled.
The opening theme will be performed by BOOM BOOM SATELLITES while the ending theme will be performed by Sangatsu no Phantasia.
The cast includes:
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager from Shingeki no Kyojin) as Katsuhira Akata
- Hibiku Yamamura (Ashuramaru from Owari no Seraph) as Noriko Sonozaki
- Tomoaki Maeno (Hak Son from Akatsuki no Yona) as Hajime Tenga
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Shidou Itsuka from Date A Live) as Tsuguto Yoshida
- Rina Satou (Kaoru Tanamachi from Amagami SS) as Honoka Maki
- Yuka Terasaki (Arata Wataya from Chihayafuru) as Chidori Takashiro
- Misaki Kuno (Hawk from Nanatsu no Taizai) as Niko Niiyama
- Koutarou Nishiyama (Atsushi Kinugawa from Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!) as Yoshiharu Hisomu
The staff members for the series include:
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi (Kimi no Iru Machi, Kill la Kill Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Mari Okada (Hanasaku Iroha, Toradora!)
- Anime Character Designer: Mai Yoneyama (Kill la Kill and Black Rock Shooter Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer)
The website also revealed a new visual:
A new visual for Studio Trigger’s (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer) upcoming original Kiznaiver TV anime has been revealed in theFebruary 2016 issue of NewType. You can purchase this issue here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK).
The November issue of Shufu-to-Seikatsu Sha Ltd.’s Pash! magazine also revealed the anime announcement of Studio Trigger’s next anime along with a visual:
Here is the anime’s synopsis:
Set in the fictional Japanese city of Sugomori City, one day Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: “You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver.” The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his.
The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.
Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city’s population is decreasing. The story is set in this town where Katsuhira and the others live.
In an interview in the magazine, scriptwriter Okada stated that the keyword for the series is “kizuna” (connection). The title itself is a play on “kizuna” and “naive.” Okada noted that she wrote the title before the story outline.
Studio Trigger is currently producing Kiznaiver, a brand new original TV anime. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.