Here’s the second promotional video:
In addition to this, this year’s 11th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine announced on Monday that Yuuki Kaji will voice the character Shouto Todoroki. The magazine also revealed the character designs for his school uniform and hero costume.
In addition to this, the character designs for characters Denki Kaminari and Eijirou Kirishima were recently revealed. This year’s 10th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine announced the voice cast for the two characters on Monday.
- Toshiki Masuda (Toranosuke Miyamura from Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) will voice Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
In addition to this, this year’s ninth issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine announced that Marina Inoue will voice Momo Yaoyorozu, and Yoshimasa Hosoya will voice Fumikage Tokoyami. The magazine also revealed the character designs for both characters in both their school uniforms and hero costumes.
- Marina Inoue (Yozora Mikazuki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) will voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Sousuke Yamazaki from Free!: Eternal Summer) as Fumikage Tokoyami
In addition to this, a new visual was recently revealed:
Here is the second new visual showcasing their hero designs:
The cast includes:
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) will voice Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi from Clannad) will voice Minoru Mineta
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) will voice Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Arisa Ayase from Love Live! School idol project) will voice Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (One-Punch Man‘s Genos) as Tenya Iida
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) who will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
Additional members of the anime’s staff were also revealed in the issue:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine.
Here is the series synopsis from Haruhichan:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
A TV anime adaptation of Boku no Hero Academia will be broadcasting on Sundays at 5pm JST on MBS/TBS during April, during the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.