MOVIEW began streaming new promotional videos for the upcoming Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto OVA on Friday. The OVA will adapt the third story in the Tokyo Ghoul: Hibi novel when Shuu Tsukiyama and Chie Hori met. It is scheduled to release on December 25th.
In addition to this, the issue has also revealed that the previous OVA, Tokyo Ghoul: JACK, will have a limited run in Japanese theatres. The OVA will run from September 5th till the 18th before being released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 30. The OVA is centered around the character Kishou Arima, who is a High School student by day and a ghoul investigator by night. The story is also set in and revolves around the 13th ward.
More cast for the Tokyo Ghoul: JACK was recently announced and is as follows:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Narsus from Arslan Senki) as Kishou Arima
- Ryohei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) as Taishi Fura
- Saori Hayami (Saki Morimi from Higashi no Eden) as Uruka Minami
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Yuuji Sakamoto from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) as Ryou
- Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa from Yuru Yuri) as Aki Sasada
- Yuji Ueda (Akira from Crystal Blaze) as Itsuki Marude
- Rintarou Nishi (Raizou Todoroki from Diamond no Ace) as Yakumo Oomori
- Director, storyboard artist: Soichi Shimada (Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A opening storyboards)
- Screenplay: Chuji Mikasano (Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A)
- Character design: Kazuhiro Miwa (Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A)
- Animation director: Atsuko Nakajima (Ranma 1/2)
Tokyo Ghoul is a manga series by Sui Ishida. It was serialized in Shueisha’s seinen manga magazine Weekly Young Jump between September 2011 and September 2014 and has been collected in fourteen tankōbon volumes as of August 2014. A sequel titled Tokyo Ghoul:re began serialization in the same magazine in October 2014 and a prequel titled Tokyo Ghoul: JACK ran online on Jump Live.
A 12-episode anime television series adaptation by studio Pierrot aired on Tokyo MX between July and September 2014. A 12-episode second season, Tokyo Ghoul √A, which follows an original story, began airing on January 8, 2015 and concluded on March 26, 2015.
The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious “ghouls” who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.