A new key visual for the upcoming anime adaptation of Nagaru Tanigawa and Puyo’s The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan (The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-Chan) has been revealed in the May issue of NyanType magazine. The new visual features Yuki Nagato and Haruhi Suzumiya in gym clothes preparing for physical activity.
In addition to this, a new visual featuring the return of Haruhi Suzumiya in her Kouyouen School uniform leading the Literature Club, much to the detriment of Kyon was revealed in the latest NewType:
The anime’s website has also revealed the first character design sheet of the anime’s main characters. The sheet showcases various expressions of the characters that may appear in the upcoming series. The first and newly released sheet is a gag sheet, showing all the comedic expressions:
- Yuki Nagato
- Ryouko Asakura
- Mikuru Asahina
- Haruhi Suzumiya
- Itsuki Koizumi
- Minori Chihara (Chiaki Minami from Minami-ke) will reprise her role as Yuki Nagato
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be back as Kyon
- Natsuko Kuwatani (Yue Ayase from Mahou Sensei Negima!) as Ryouko Asakura
- Yuki Matsuoka (Orihime Inoue from Bleach) will be back as Tsuruya
- Yuko Goto (Hiro from Hidamari Sketch) voicing as Mikuru Asahina
- Aya Hirano (Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail) returns to voice Haruhi Suzumiya
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) will voice Itsuki Koizumi
The supporting cast characters did not have their designs updated;
- Minoru Shiraishi (Minoru Shiraishi [Himeself] from Lucky☆Star) returns as Taniguchi
- Megumi Matsumoto (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Kunikida
In addition to this, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan was featured in the latest issue of Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine which revealed many new staff members that will be production the anime series, they include:
The issue revealed many new staff members that will be production the anime series, they include:
- Art Director: Kenichi Tajiri (Daily Lives of High School Boys, Working!!)
- Background Artists: Mukuo Studio (The [email protected], Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
- Colour Setting Artist: Chie Tanimoto (AKB0048, Oreshura)
- Photography Director: Atsushi Iwasaki (Fairy Tail, Shugo Chara!)
- Photographers: T2 Studio (Steins;Gate, Oreimo)
- Editor: Takeshi Sadamatsu (White Album Season 2, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (K-ON!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Sound Studio: Rakuonsha (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, The [email protected])
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Medaka Box, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya)
- Music Studio: Lantis (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
The previously revealed staff:
- Planning: Takeshi Yasuda (Tokyo ESP)
- Director: Junichi Wada (Fairy Tail Episode Director)
- Series Composition: Touko Machida (Hitsugi no Chaika)
- Character Designer: Ikuko Ito (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S)
- Animation Production: Satelight (Log Horizon)
- Production: North High Literature Club
Here is the first commercial for the anime:
The anime adaptation of the spin-off manga was made late last year. Anime store Docomo was revealed to be streaming the upcoming series, as well as the two other spin-off shows in the Haruhi franchise, The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron Churuya-san.
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is a spin-off manga in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, where it stars the eponymous character Yuki Nagato. The series takes place in the alternate universe established in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. The series is written and drawn by Puyo, which started in February 2010. To date, the series has a total of 5 volumes with the 6th volume releasing on December 26th this year.
There is very little information regarding the anime announcement of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, including whether or no Kyoto Animation will produce it. Two other spin-off manga were also produced into anime: The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron Churuya-san.
Yuki Nagato, the shy president of the literature club, has never been very sure of herself around other people. But around Kyon, the only boy in the tiny, three-person club, Yuki finds herself faltering even more than usual. For Kyon, and for her precious club, Yuki must find her confidence and let her true personality shine! Enjoy taking a fresh look at your favorite characters in this brand-new story set in the world of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!
The anime adaptation of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan will be airing during the Spring 2015 anime season from April 3 on Tokyo MX and AT-X. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.