A new key visual for the upcoming second anime adaptation of Wataru Watari and Ponkan8’s Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) light novel series, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku has been revealed in the May issue of Megami magazine. The new visual features Yukino Yukinoshita and Yui Yuigahama wearing traditional spring yukatas preparing for the second season release.
A new Oregairu 2 TV commercial also hit the airwaves in Japan on Friday which features the opening song “Harumodoki” which is performed by Nagi Yanagi:
The anime will debut on TBS at 1:46am JST on April 3rd, on CBC at 2:47am JST on the same day, followed by a broadcast on TUT on the 5th at 1:53 am JST and on April 8th on MBS at 3:30am JST. The anime will then be rebroadcasted on BS-TBS on the 12th at 1:00am JST.
The opening theme will be titled “Harumodoki” and performed by Nagi Yanagi while the ending theme “Everyday World” will be performed by Yukino Yukinoshita (Saori Hayami) & Yui Yuigahama (Nao Touyama).
The first promotional video was streamed last January:
In addition to this, the new character designs were previewed earlier. Here’s the characters in order: Yukino Yukinoshita, Yui Yuigahama, Hachiman Hikigaya and Iroha Isshiki.
The cast was also revealed earlier and include:
- Takuya Eguchi (Kazuya Kujou in Gosick) will voice Hachiman Hikigaya
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) is back as Yukino Yukinoshita
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) will return to voice Yui Yuigahama
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will voice new character Iroha Isshiki
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Orimoto Kaori
The series will feature new crew members, including a new director and animation studio. The staff are as follows:
- Director: Kei Oikawa (Outbreak Company, Minami-ke: Okaeri) replaced Ai Yoshimura (Ao Haru Ride)
- Character Designer: Yuichi Tanaka (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Natsuiro Kiseki) will replace Yuu Shindou (Persona 4 The Golden Animation)
- Animation Studio: Studio Feel (Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita., Minami-ke Tadaima) will replace Brains Base (Baccano!, Durarara!!)
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) is a light novel series written by Wataru Watari and illustrated by Ponkan8. The light novels began in March 2011 and is published in Shogakukan’s Gagaga Bunko imprint. To date there has been 9 volumes and 4 short stories published. There has been three spin-off manga adaptations written and illustrated by various people. The series also received an anime adaptation that aired in April 2012 that was animated by Brain’s Base (Baccano!, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun). Additionally, a visual novel was developed by 5pb. for the PlayStation Vita that released on September 19th last year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
This romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hikigaya Hachiman with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he sees his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters: “They’re a bunch of liars.” When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, “Not working.” A teacher gets Hachiman to join the “Volunteer Service” club, which happens to have the school’s prettiest girl, Yukinoshita Yukino.
The second season of the anime, Oregiaru Zoku, will be airing from April 3 during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information will be released soon.