Additional cast for the upcoming OVA of Sui Ishida’s Tokyo Ghoul spin-off prequel, Tokyo Ghoul JACK, has been revealed. Tokyo Ghoul: JACK, will have a limited run in Japanese theatres. The OVA will run from September 5th till the 18th before being released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 30. The OVA is centered around the character Kishou Arima, who is a High School student by day and a ghoul investigator by night. The story is also set in and revolves around the 13th ward.
The additional cast is as follows:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Narsus from Arslan Senki) as Kishou Arima
- Ryohei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) as Taishi Fura
- Saori Hayami (Saki Morimi from Higashi no Eden) as Uruka Minami
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Yuuji Sakamoto from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) as Ryou
- Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa from Yuru Yuri) as Aki Sasada
- Yuji Ueda (Akira from Crystal Blaze) as Itsuki Marude
- Rintarou Nishi (Raizou Todoroki from Diamond no Ace) as Yakumo Oomori
- Director, storyboard artist: Soichi Shimada (Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A opening storyboards)
- Screenplay: Chuji Mikasano (Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A)
- Character design: Kazuhiro Miwa (Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A)
- Animation director: Atsuko Nakajima (Ranma 1/2)
The first promotional video for the OVA was revealed last May:
Tokyo Ghoul is a manga series by Sui Ishida. It was serialized in Shueisha’s seinen manga magazine Weekly Young Jump between September 2011 and September 2014 and has been collected in fourteen tankobon volumes as of August 2014. A sequel titled Tokyo Ghoul:re began serialization in the same magazine in October 2014 and a prequel titled Tokyo Ghoul: JACK is running online on Jump Live. A 12-episode anime television series adaptation by studio Pierrot aired on Tokyo MX between July and September 2014 and a 12 episode second season titled Tokyo Ghoul √A, started airing on January 8, 2015.
Source: Moca news