It has been revealed that Fujino Oomori and Kiyotaka Haimura’s Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria light novel series will be receiving a TV anime adaptation. More information will be revealed at a later date.
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria side story of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka. It covers the story of the strongest 1st class adventurer, Ais Wallenstein, the “Sword Princess,” and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.
Here’s a synopsis of the series:
At the center of Orario is a vast underground labyrinth known as the dungeon.
Within the dungeon, Aiz Wallenstein has a fateful encounter with Bell Cranel. After encountering new monsters both within the dungeon and on the surface, she renewed her determination to become stronger. (Volume 1)
Visiting the dungeon on a dungeon exploration trip, the members of the Loki Familia come upon a murder in Rivira. Through many events, Aiz meets someone that knows something about her past. (Volume 2)
With several companions, Aiz once again ventured into the dungeon to fight against the massive increase in monsters on the 24th floor. While there she learns more of her past. (Volume 3)
Aiz finds a newfound interest in training Bell and later watches him defeat the Minotaur. Later on the Loki Familia gains new knowledge on the threat within the dungeon. (Volume 4)
In addition to this, during the 10th anniversary GA Bunkou 10th anniversary event, it was revealed that Fujino Oomori and Suzuhito Yasuda’s Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) anime series will also be receiving an OVA episode.
— ミヤザキセイジ（GA文庫クロスメ・もな） (@GA_mona) February 21, 2016
The main cast of the DanMachi anime consisted of:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices the lead character Bell Cranel
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voicing as Hestia
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Ais Warenstein
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will be voicing Liliruca Ahde
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voices Eina Tulle
- Shizuka Ishigami (Ellis Fahrengart in Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) is voicing Syr Flover
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) is voicing Bete Loga
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) as Ryu Lion
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) will voice Freya
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Loki
- Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa (Little Busters!, Kill Me Baby)
- Series Composer: Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, Hayate no Gotoku!)
- Anime Character Designer: Shigeki Kimoto (Sky Girls Sub Character Designer, Toaru Majutsu no Index Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?, also known as DanMachi for short, is a Japanese light novel series, written by Fujino Omori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. SB Creative has published six volumes since January 2013 under their GA Bunko imprint. It has received a spin-off light novel series and three manga adaptations. An anime television series adaptation by J.C.Staff aired in April 2015.
Commonly known as the “Dungeon,” the city of Orario possesses a huge labyrinth in the underground. Its strange name attracts excitement, illusions of honor, and hopes of romance with a pretty girl. In this city of dreams and desires, new adventurer Bell Cranel has his fateful encounter with the tiny Goddess Hestia.
Thus begins the story of a boy striving to become the best adventurer and a lonely goddess searching for followers both hoping to reach their goals and perhaps have some romance in the side.