The anime adaptation of Okayado’s Monster Musume (Everyday Life with Monster Girls) manga is one of the more popular series this season so there is no surprise that more is on the way. But, the final episode of the anime that aired earlier today may have already revealed that a second season has been confirmed.
During the 12th and final episode of Monster Musume, small sign can be seen at the 16:20 mark with the words “Niki Kettei”, which translates to “Season 2 Decided”. Though there is the “IF” at the top, which could hint to there being a possibility of a second season rather than a confirmation. Or it could just refer to “1F”, the 1st floor.z
There will be a total of 6 volumes being released with each volume containing 2 episodes each. The first volume, releasing on September 16 will contain episodes 1 and 2, along with: a textless Opening and Ending sequence, a priority pass for tickets for the special event in November, a special jacket, and a hidden voice command of Mia. The remaining volumes will release on:
- Volume 2 – October 14th with episodes 3 & 4
- Volume 3 – November 18th with episode 5 & 6
- Volume 4 – December 16th with episodes 7 & 8
- Volume 5 – January, with episodes 9 & 10
- Volume 6 – February, with episodes 11 & 12
All volumes will contain uncensored footage of the anime. The Blu-ray versions will cost ¥6,800 (~ $55.00 USD) and the DVD will cost ¥5,800 (~ $47.00 USD) without tax. Along with the episodes, the volumes will also contain special jacket cards, visuals, a hidden recording of one monster girl, and additional video and audio material.
Here is the cover of the first volume:
and the first commercial:
The cast of the Monster Ops: Neutralization team were revealed earlier. The team are a group of females who try to enforce the Interspecies Protection Act, dealing with anyone who to break it or cause general trouble. The revealed cast includes:
- Rei Mochizuki (Anna Kozuki in Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal) as Zombina, a Zombie and the team commando
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voicing as Tionishia, Ogre and physical enforcer
- Momo Asakura (Rin Kazari from Witch Craft Works) will voice Manako, a Cyclops and the team sniper
- Saori Oonishi (Eriri Spencer Sawamura in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) voices Doppel, a Shapeshifter and team infiltrator
- Yu Kobayash (Mariya Shidou from Maria Holic) as Smith
- Junji Majima (Tooru Acura from Hitsugi no Chaika) joined the cast as the protagonist Kurusu Kimihito.
The voice actors along with character designs were revealed earlier:
- Sora Amamiya (Asseylum Vers Allusia from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice Miia
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) as Papi,
- Natsuki Aikawa (Petra Ral in Attack on Titan) as Centorea Shianus
- Haruka Yamazaki (Tomoyo Kanzaki from Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) joins the cast to voice Meroune Lorelei
- Sakura Nakamura (Akebi Sasaki in Girls und Panzer) voices Rachnera Arachnera
The main staff is as follows:
- Direction: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, Yoru no Yatterman)
- Series Composition & Screenplay: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Ben-To, Yoru no Yatterman)
- Animation Direction: Tatsuya Sunagawa (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san) and Shunji Akasaka
- Character Design: Tatsuya Sunagawa
- Assistant Character Design: Shunji Akasaka
- Sound Direction: Hiroto Morishita
- Music: manzo and Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Joshiraku)
- Animation: Lerche (Assassination Classroom) and Seva
Monster Musume is currently published in Japan by Tokuma Shoten in their Monthly Comic Ryu magazine and by Seven Seas Entertainment in the United States, with the chapters collected and reprinted into—so far—6 tankobon volumes. The story revolves around Kimihito Kurusu, often referred to as “Darling” among various other things, a Japanese student whose life is totally thrown into turmoil after becoming involved with the “Interspecies Cultural Exchange” program by mistake.
Monsters—they’re real, and they want to date us! Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood—not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the “Cultural Exchange Between Species Act,” these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they’re trying.
When a hapless human named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a “volunteer” into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu’s job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. Unfortunately for Kurusu, Miia is undeniably sexy, and the law against interspecies breeding is very strict. Even worse, when a ravishing centaur girl and a flirtatious harpy move in, what’s a full-blooded young man with raging hormones to do?!
The Monster Musume anime itself has ended, with the final episode airing earlier today on Tokyo MX at 12:30am JST. A second season of the anime may already be in production.
Source – Yaraon