A new key visual for upcoming anime adaptation of Yuu Miyazaki and Okiura’s Gakusen Toshi Asterisk light novel series has been revealed. The anime TV series adaptation will be by A-1 Pictures and it is scheduled to air from October 2015.
The promotional video for the Gakusen Toshi Asterisk anime was streamed earlier:
In addition to this, the staff was also revealed earlier:
- Original Story: Yuu Miyazaki
- Original Character Designer: okiura (Infinite Stratos, Plastic Memories)
- General Director: Manabu Ono (A-Channel, Saki)
- Director: Setou Kenji (Weiß Survive R)
- Character Designer & Animation Director: Tetsuya Kawakami (Robot Girls Z, Sword Art Online)
- Music: Rasmus Faber
- Music Production: Flying DOG (Accel World, Koufuku Graffiti)
- Animation Production: A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Fairy Tail)
Some character designs were also revealed:
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk is a Japanese light novel series written by Yuu Miyazaki and illustrated by Okiura. Media Factory has published 7 volumes since September 2012 under their MF Bunko J imprint. A manga adaptation with art by Ningen began serialization in Media Factory’s seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive from January 2013. It has been collected in two tankōbon volumes. An anime television series adaptation by A-1 Pictures is scheduled to air from October 2015.
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk synopsis from Haruhichan:
The Academy City on the water, Rikka (otherwise known as Asterisk) is the world’s largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment, “Star Wars Festival.” The young boys and girls of the “Starpulse Generation” belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy—Amagiri Ayato is one of them.
Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the “Petalblaze Witch” Julis, and ended up having to duel her.
The greatest academy battle entertainment, begins here!