The official website of anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda’s music genre novel series Sound! Euphonium (Hibike! Euphonium) has announced that the TV anime series will be receiving a compilation movie and a sequel TV series.
The compilation film will be titled Hibike! Euphonium the Movie: Welcome to the Kitauji High School Concert Band. However, little information is currently available, although it is known that the film will recap the events of the 2015 TV series while the sequel series will take place afterwards.
In addition to this, it was recently revealed that the 7th volume of the Blu-ray release will contain an OVA, titled Kakedasu Monaka (Running Monaka). The preview video for the OVA was also released:
The cast members for the first anime season included:
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Haruka Ogasawara, the Saxophone player
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) voices the role of Kaori Nakaseko, who plays the Trumpet
- Haruki Ishiya (Ayumu Kominato in Selector Infected WIXOSS) voices the role of Shuuichi Takamoto, the Trombone player
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, the Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, the Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
The main production staff of the first anime season includes:
- Original: Takeda Ayano
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad)
- Series Composition: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-On!)
- Character Design: Shoko Ikeda (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Art Director: Shinohara Mutsuo (Clannad)
- Color Design: Takeda Akiyo (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Instrument Design: Takahashi Hiroyuki
- Director of Photography: Takao Kazuya
- Sound Director: Tsuruoka Yota (Bakemonogatari)
- Music: Matsuda Akito (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Animation Production: Kyoto Animation (Amagi Brilliant Park, Kyoukai no Kanata, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Sound! Euphonium Welcome to Kitauji High School’s Musical Instrument Club is a Japanese novel by Ayano Takeda, published on December 5, 2013 by Takarajimasha. The story focuses on the Kitauji High School Music Club, which is steadily improving thanks to the newly appointed adviser’s strict instruction. An anime adaptation has been announced.
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.