The official website of the anime adaptation of Cool Kyoushinsha’s I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying (Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) has revealed that the upcoming second season of the anime will be airing from April 2nd on TV Saitama. The second season itself will be titled I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying Thread 2 (Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2-sure-me). Additionally, a new visual and the anime’s Ending theme were also revealed.
The website has revealed some new updated character designs for the upcoming season, where the main cast of the anime will return to reprise their roles:
- Yukari Tamura (Nui Harime in Kill la Kill) will voice the Kaoru Tsunashi
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) is voicing Hajime Tsunashi
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) will be voicing Rino Juse
- Toshifumi Sakai (First main role) voices Nozomu Juse, Rino’s husband.
- Ryouko Shintani (Sae in Hidamari Sketch) as Tanaka
- Daisuke Tonosaki (First main role) is voicing Yamada
- Sayaka Horino (Mikine Nezu from Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san) voices Mayotama
- Kaori Shimizu (Lain Iwakura in Serial Experiments Lain) as Miki
The ending theme song of the anime was revealed and will be the song Yuruganu Futari ~Ai no Sanka~, performed by the two voice actresses of the anime, Yukari Tamura and Kenichi Suzumura. The site has also revealed that the anime will be 13 episodes long being 3 minutes each like the previous season.
Here is the previous main visual of the anime:
The main staff of the first season will return to produce the second:
- Director and Screenplay Writer: Shinpei Nagai (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san)
- Character Designer and Animation Director: Ryuichi Baba (Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Gundalian Invaders)
- Sound Director: Masakatsu Oomuro (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Sparrow’s Hotel)
- Music Composer: G-angle (Debut role)
- Animation Studio: Seven (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Recorder to Randoseru Do♪)
I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying (Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) is a 4-koma web manga series by Cool Kyoushinsha. The series is released on Kyoushinsha’s website where it gained enough popularity for publisher Ichijinsha to compile and publish the manga into 4 volumes to date, the last of which released in June this year. An anime adaptation of the series was announced and aired during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season, produced by studio Seven (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Recorder to Randoseru Do♪) and directed by Shinpei Nagai (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san).
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
The anime follows the daily life of an earnest, hardworking office lady named Kaoru and her otaku husband, Hajime, who is totally immersed in a certain huge net bulletin board system.
I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying Thread 2 will be airing from April 2nd on TV Saitama during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the leading months to the anime’s broadcast.