The first promotional video for the first film in the upcoming anime adaptation of Nisio Isin and Vofan’s Kizumonogatari entry in the Monogatari light novel series has been revealed. The promotional video teases with what’s to come in the prequel, set before Bakemonogatari and featuring the story arc Koyomi Vamp.
There will be three films for the Kizumonogatari anime. The first film, Kizumonogatari I Tekketsu-hen, will release in Japan on January 8 next year.
The site has also revealed the main cast of the anime films:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!) returns to voice Koyomi Araragi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) voices Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade
- Yui Horie (Naru Narusegawa in Love Hina) as Tsubasa Hanekawa
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is voicing Meme Oshino
The production staff of the Monogatari anime adaptations will also return to produce the movies:
- Chief Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
- Director: Tatsuya Oishi (Bakemonogatari, MoonPhase Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designers: Akio Watanabe (Bakemonogatari, The World God Only Knows) and Hideyuki Morioka (D.Gray-man, Maria Holic)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Bakemonogatari, Free!)
- Music Composer: Satoru Kousaki (Bakemonogatari, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
A new visual was also unveiled:
Here is the movie’s visual: